• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Metallica - Moth Into Flame

Just thought I'd mention an exception to the 10-ish years rule. The new Nick Cave album "Skeleton Tree" is really freaking heavy! It might not be quite up to Birthday Party standards, but it's definitely worth checking out if you like dark music.

it really is hard to maintain an edge when you have millions of dollars in the bank. With most bands that have longevity they just lose their edge. They have nothing to be angry and mad about anymore. They aren't scratching and crawling to the top anymore. I think you see this all the time.

There is a neat video out there that someone did. They covered "Moth Into Flame", but did it "...And Justice for All" style. Very good!

Best viewer post/comment?
"Heard bass at 0:09.. This video is a failure."

Anyone watch Daria? Every time I see this thread title I think of this scene in "It Happened One Nut" showing Trent and Jesse trying to come-up with song lyrics for their fledgling hard rock band:

tumblr_lpq08mvX3H1qkwlklo1_r1_400.gif

"You’ve hijacked my brain
Moth to a flame
If you don’t release me
I’ll go just the same

Moth gonna fly
Moth gonna fly
Moth gonna fly from your love."

I like this tune better than the first release, but I don't get the "I need to listen to this over and over again!" feeling. Lyrics are meh, but at least Hetfield's voice sounds a little better in this. I thought Hammett did a pretty solid job. It just sounds like Lars' drums seem to be the focus of the band anymore... the guitars seem muted by comparison to me. And I don't think Lars is a particularly great drummer to begin with. Overall, this is probably one of the better songs I've heard from them in a while, but I'm still not blown away.

I just listened again, and I stand by the comments I have posted here. Musically, it's actually kind of cool, but I don't have any idea what the hell is really going on with the lyrics. Drugs? Fame uber alles? Music speaks to each person differently, and this song doesn't really say anything to me. Maybe it's because I really don't like moths... it pisses me off that I can't leave the patio door open at night when I'm grilling because they'll fly into the house. Sometimes they even try to land on the meat that I'm grilling. A holes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back