• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Message(s) From Fred

I'm still thrilled to have Coach Hoiberg leading our men's basketball program. But I now see that year two will also be a struggle and difficult. With the roster changes we're seeing, it's virtually impossible to conceive that we will make the NCAA tourney in year 2. It's just not going to happen with so many new faces and players combined with the conference we play in. Even though they were with the team, sitting out due to transfer rules, they have not played together in actual games. Practice and game speed are entirely different. Maybe year three...

NCAA tournament may very well not happen, but I don't foresee quite the continuing struggles that you do; at least any that can be attributable to the number of roster changes.

If you listen to Matt A (and Fred) they have made substantial progress in implementing the kind of basketball they want to see; lack of success is due more to poor execution, or lack of talent, if you will.

I don't think we are seeing an exodus of talent in the roster changes; rather, in most instances changes appear to be upgrades or 'recruiting-over' departing players. I think we will always see a lot of roster turnover with HCFH.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back