• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Merritt Beason N transfer from Florida

Just wow! She is the one outside/right side hitter in the portal that would be hard to pass up. Unclear what that means for current folks and whether she needs a scholarship. I would think her announcing today means she will be here for spring semester.

Wow. Didn’t see us adding an outside.

I’m still hoping we can get Podraza, but not sure who we’re going to lose.

Hayden and the freshmen really have their work cut out for them on playing time.

The volleyball boards have rumors on which hitter will leave, but I would rather wait to hear from those involved instead of making assumptions.

The volleyball boards have rumors on which hitter will leave, but I would rather wait to hear from those involved instead of making assumptions.
Yeah, this is a bit surprising to say the least. I guess you can never have enough great outside hitters, but personally I would have liked to see NU pick up a setter like Podraza. Is it confirmed that Merritt Beason will be on scholarship, or will we pull a Texas-like move and get her a lucrative NIL deal?

It is hard to imagine Lauenstein, Batenhorst, or Krause leaving since they were all essentially co-starters and got roughly an equal amount of playing time. Would the younger Kubik leave? She showed such promise and grit in that 5th set of the Creighton game but didn't get much playing time after that. Maybe she would want to go somewhere she can be a star and not sit the bench behind three gals who will still be here for another two years?

BTW, what are these "volleyball boards" you mentioned? I am always interested in seeing informed discussion about husker volleyball, but I am not familiar with any of the volleyball chat boards. If you could send me the URLs for these boards I would appreciate it.

Yeah, this is a bit surprising to say the least. I guess you can never have enough great outside hitters, but personally I would have liked to see NU pick up a setter like Podraza. Is it confirmed that Merritt Beason will be on scholarship, or will we pull a Texas-like move and get her a lucrative NIL deal?

It is hard to imagine Lauenstein, Batenhorst, or Krause leaving since they were all essentially co-starters and got roughly an equal amount of playing time. Would the younger Kubik leave? She showed such promise and grit in that 5th set of the Creighton game but didn't get much playing time after that. Maybe she would want to go somewhere she can be a star and not sit the bench behind three gals who will still be here for another two years?

BTW, what are these "volleyball boards" you mentioned? I am always interested in seeing informed discussion about husker volleyball, but I am not familiar with any of the volleyball chat boards. If you could send me the URLs for these boards I would appreciate it.

Thanks for pointing out some of those other boards. Just saw this discussed on another board. Like you, I won't mention any names because it could be just fake news. I certainly hope it is fake news, but I guess we will find out fairly soon.

Clearly, something is going to have to happen to make room for Beason. We have 5 scholarship freshmen coming in, and 7 returning scholarship players: Alleck, Lauenstein, Batenhorst, Krause, Hayden Kubik, Rodriguez, and Orr. That is 12 scholarships. So, that means either one of our returning players will leave, one of the freshmen won't come to Nebraska, or someone will become a walk-on (assuming they would get an NIL deal to offset the cost of tuition/room and board/etc.). It has to be one of the above. It sucks because I really like all our returning players, but something has to give.

Clearly, something is going to have to happen to make room for Beason. We have 5 scholarship freshmen coming in, and 7 returning scholarship players: Alleck, Lauenstein, Batenhorst, Krause, Hayden Kubik, Rodriguez, and Orr. That is 12 scholarships. So, that means either one of our returning players will leave, one of the freshmen won't come to Nebraska, or someone will become a walk-on (assuming they would get an NIL deal to offset the cost of tuition/room and board/etc.). It has to be one of the above. It sucks because I really like all our returning players, but something has to give.
Or Beason gets an NIL deal.

Roughly:
Thurs entered portal, took phone calls all day from coaches
Friday/Sat was in Lincoln
Mon was at Auburn
Tues/wens was at Wisc :poop:
commited on friday

So, further summarization: She flew up to Madison Tuesday worked up a big stinky one and took a dump in Wisconsin Wednesday night, then with relieved bowels came to her senses and became a 'Husker come Friday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back