• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Merriam Turkey

ksuhusker

In a tree somewhere
10 Year Member
Is there anyone on here that has property or knows anyone with property in NW Nebraska? I have a buddy that is 0-2 chasing Merriam's, we're working on dates for a 2022 Merriam hunt in that part of the state.

Wish I did. How are the numbers in KS? I read they've tightened up the bag limit (to 1) in eastern KS.

I just bought a place in Douglas County KS and close on Apr 30th so hoping to chase a gobbler the first weekend of May.

Wish I did. How are the numbers in KS? I read they've tightened up the bag limit (to 1) in eastern KS.

I just bought a place in Douglas County KS and close on Apr 30th so hoping to chase a gobbler the first weekend of May.
Population in Kansas is down roughly 60%. Where you see birds in a flock multiply the number you see by 5-8 and that's how many there used to be. I do believe the Douglas County area has a decent population though. Some areas still have a good number of birds, just the overall statewide population is low. 1 bird a person and covid has helped my area quite a bit. The next plan is a secret treat for Raccoon removal, there are so many raccoons aka nest thieves. For secret ingredients pm me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back