• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mens Basketball Recruiting Forum

Thanks for the info. I am just trying to figure out exactly where we are with the Husker Basketball team. Who do we have returning, who are the new recruits coming in and who are we recruiting. The info is just not as organized as Husker Football.

Other Questions:
How many scholarships allowed for basketball?
Who is currently on scholarship?
How many walk ons do we have?

I believe some of these answers can be found at this site: http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=24&SPSID=20

I don't know who is on scholarship and who is a walk-on, but I don't think we have more than 2-3 walk-ons. I believe you are allowed to have 13 on scholarship.

Thanks for the info. I am just trying to figure out exactly where we are with the Husker Basketball team. Who do we have returning, who are the new recruits coming in and who are we recruiting. The info is just not as organized as Husker Football.

signed LOIs:
Fahro Alihodzic 6-9 F, Juco
Keith Coleman 6-9 F, Juco
Benny Parker 5-8 G, Fr
Shavon Shields, 6-5 G, Fr
Jerran Young, 6-5 G, Juco

as for who they are recruiting in 2013, certainly Agau (who Miles had been recruiting to attend CSU)

NU has a 2013 commitment from Imara Ready, a point guard from Little Rock.

It will be interesting, as Miles evaluates personnel & identifies needs.

Other Questions:
How many scholarships allowed for basketball?

Who is currently on scholarship?
Believe we have 9 scholarship kids returning (not counting the 4 seniors graduating) + 5 Scholarship recruits (above) = 14 (one over limit). would be seniors in italics

Almeida, 6-11 C, Sr
Diaz, 6-11 C, Jr
Gallegos, 6-2 G, Jr

Hilliard, 6-1 G, Fr
Moore, 6-5 G, Fr
Niemann, 6-11 C, Jr
Rivers, 6-7 G, Fr
Talley, 6-5 G, Jr
Ubel, 6-10 F, Jr

expect some changes.

How many walk ons do we have?
Kurkowski, Fox, Menke & Tyrance

Last edited:
I have a coaching friend at Central, and Miles needs to make a pipeline in to that school. If he offered Agau as well as Thurman, that may increase his chances to get Akoy (who is leaning Wichita now that Doc is gone). There is some serious talent in downtown Omaha. Frankly, if we would have pulled in the top recruit from the state this year (Gessell) and then get a Nebraska kid every year (when their talent deserves D1 B1G scholarship), Nebraska hoops would be at the front of many more conversations for people in this state.

We need a Center in a big way otherwise we get small in a hurry...

I have a coaching friend at Central, and Miles needs to make a pipeline in to that school. If he offered Agau as well as Thurman, that may increase his chances to get Akoy (who is leaning Wichita now that Doc is gone). There is some serious talent in downtown Omaha. Frankly, if we would have pulled in the top recruit from the state this year (Gessell) and then get a Nebraska kid every year (when their talent deserves D1 B1G scholarship), Nebraska hoops would be at the front of many more conversations for people in this state.

We need a Center in a big way otherwise we get small in a hurry...

Small & Soft.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back