• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Weekend Menu

DIHRDHskr

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Hopefully decent weather out here in Virginia. Smoker is going to be smokin' this weekend. Ribs, Riblets, Wings, and Brisket. Might add a Turkey Breast (Cajun-seasoned) and wrapped in apple-smoked bacon

Sides of smoked baked beans, german potato salad, pasta salad, deviled eggs.

Spiked watermelon, cherries soaked in moonshine (since last fall), red/white/blue cake.

Plenty of libations including my own Sangria.

How about y'all?

Having some vets over and cooking paella on my weber ranch grill. sangria and ABT's in the smoker. will add more but that is a good start.

I find this day to be a somber one and I don't do the whole cookout thing. I will be sharing a few beers and stories with some old friends while remembering those we lost.

I'm going to be adapting an Asian style hot coleslaw into an all American bbq type of coleslaw. As well as smoking some dead animals to protest peta and make all the neighbors jealous.

I find this day to be a somber one and I don't do the whole cookout thing. I will be sharing a few beers and stories with some old friends while remembering those we lost.
Respect.

I'm going to be adapting an Asian style hot coleslaw into an all American bbq type of coleslaw. As well as smoking some dead animals to protest peta and make all the neighbors jealous.

Excellent. One of my favorite things to do is to smoke some pig. Another favorite is finding ways to incorporate BBQ into different dishes. I've made pulled pork tacos, empanadas, bfast hash, pork belly cubanos and a few other things I've since forgotten.

I usually pickle some cabbage to accompany my pulled pork sandwiches but I love slaw on them, as well. Please share your results with us. That sounds tasty.

I'm gonna base it on this recipe.

http://www.food.com/recipe/crack-slaw-low-carb-434863

ill replace the sesame oil with another oil, remove the ginger, the Splenda and also replace salt and pepper to taste with a nice dry rub (everything's better with rub is my food motto).

Last edited by a moderator:
Having some vets over and cooking paella on my weber ranch grill. sangria and ABT's in the smoker. will add more but that is a good start.
Paella on the grill. Glad I saw this post as I like the idea of infusing a little grill smoke.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back