• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Stadium

While I agree that chair backs and a reduction in seats is a good idea, I just wanna ask, has anyone actually sat in the chair backs at Memorial in the upper west stadium? I have. Let me tell you, they aren't actually that comfortable because they were put into a small footprint. Having gone to tons of games at New Mile High Stadium it's not even comparable in comfort. Not sure there's much they can do about that. I'm also completely for tearing down south stadium and starting over there. I know it wouldn't be easy because it couldn't be completed in a year, but it needs to happen.
The only place I’ve never sat is the upper West stadium. Always wanted to.

Clear out the Russian bottoms.
Park a new stadium/complex there,

Or not
I don’t know where that is, but if there were to be a new stadium it would have to be on campus, and I’d say in the same spot. Campus stadiums are the best and you take that from NU and you kill a great atmosphere. And I’m quite certain you’d have enough business owners throwing a lot of commotion if that were ever discussed.

I don’t know where that is, but if there were to be a new stadium it would have to be on campus, and I’d say in the same spot. Campus stadiums are the best and you take that from NU and you kill a great atmosphere. And I’m quite certain you’d have enough business owners throwing a lot of commotion if that were ever discussed.

It's that dumpy neighborhood just north of campus -- a lot of students live in the rundown houses there (or at least when I lived in Lincoln). Also, tends to be tons of college parties.

However, if you do a Google for Russian Bottoms, you'll likely get something much, much different.

It's that dumpy neighborhood just north of campus -- a lot of students live in the rundown houses there (or at least when I lived in Lincoln). Also, tends to be tons of college parties.

However, if you do a Google for Russian Bottoms, you'll likely get something much, much different.
I certainly went to my fair share of parties there 20+ years ago. One of my best friends lived on Charleston and we'd walk to class from there. My parents rented a place in the Russian Bottoms when they were at UNL in the 60's.

I certainly went to my fair share of parties there 20+ years ago. One of my best friends lived on Charleston and we'd walk to class from there. My parents rented a place in the Russian Bottoms when they were at UNL in the 60's.
It’s funny how the same street names are still consistently party streets. Charleston was big for the kegger scene back when I was in Lincoln in the mid-80s. I never did hear it called Russian bottoms though.

Last edited:

Same experience. I lived in Harper-Schramm-Smith a couple years, so it wasn't that much of a hike to go the frequent parties there. I remember at least a couple houses that were really quite cool architecturally -- if someone would invest to fix them up.

It’s funny how the same street names are still consistently party streets. Charleston was big for the kegger seen back when I was in Lincoln in the mid-80s. I never did hear it called Russian bottoms though.

Yep, Charleston was party central -- late-80s/early-90s for me.

Also, I recall stumbling over the fairgrounds many times after those parties. In one instance, a bunch of us ran around the horse track naked. lol -- this is why we were blessed cellphones with cameras hadn't yet been invented.
I spent a year in Able then paid rent from keg funds!! Did a couple years at 22nd and R and then threw smaller parties at 13th and Peach.

Its just north of the stadium across the tracks.
Like other posters said, old houses the students live in,
And party haven,
I used to live there,

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back