• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Stadium

Probably right. Quick cross section drawing .....

nBpEnlN.png

Upper deck is the same height but OU stadium is longer x-axis.
Never been to OU but would probably agree with your drawing. I am literally 10 feet straight above the 500 rich people section and I am closer to the field then some of the seats below me. Now way up at the top of the East balcony does seem to be a ways away, but I don't sit up there so I don't care about them. Ha ha

The "bench seat" size at DONU has not changed since I started going in 1964.

The average keister size in Nebraska has most certainly changed since that time as my seat had become increasingly uncomfortable.

Anyone "in the know" bought the portable seat back to stake out room for himself/herself. Don't know if they still rent those as I quit going to games about 15 years ago.

Regardless of the sell out streak issues, DONU would be well served to improve the game experience as we older, "die hard" fans who will sit on the benches, are indeed dying.

If they are to get replacement young fans they will need to improve the game experience with bench seats, better restrooms, libations, and other amenities that these fans will expect, not corn liquor in a brown bag :).

I think that the new AD is up to this challenge.

GBR

wouldn’t hurt to win some ball games, too.

If the team was highly competitive, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. However, i’m sure there are folks who were season ticket holders that will never come back because of the crowds, and covid, and the ramifications of it.

I think a good capacity is around 80,000, not under. It’s a good number, still keeps that big stadium moniker. Only smart thing, really, is to tear it down, and build a new one, custom style. That would probably require Warren Buffet throwing a billion at NU. If Nebraska ever did build a new, custom, smart stadium, 80,000, it would then have something no other school would have, or could just do. Just a thought for what they’ll probably need someday. I’d caution about spending even more money on a 100 year old stadium.

Time for a retractable roof domed stadium. We could also start up a bowl game. First National Bank of Omaha Money Bowl.

Skycam cable

Install Memorial stadium drone camera instead of old fashion Skycam ???

Skycam complicated !!!!

Screen-Shot-2016-12-09-at-7.50.24-AM.png

Last edited:

My question would be how about the distance between the rows? Is it standard? It seams tight. When you add chair backs, it's almost unnavigatable.

Rows will have to be removed. Will require LOTS of work to do that. I would guess additional 4" per row, would require elimination of 10% or rows in all stadiums.

Eliminating seats is easy.

But I think it will have to happen.

my knees wrapped around the waist of the guy in front of me is....cozy.

Rows will have to be removed. Will require LOTS of work to do that. I would guess additional 4" per row, would require elimination of 10% or rows in all stadiums.

Eliminating seats is easy.

But I think it will have to happen.

my knees wrapped around the waist of the guy in front of me is....cozy.

widening seats is easy. Widening rows requires a complete rebuild, imo
Not sure how, but I messed up this quote, lol

I'm telling you, the chair backs in the upper west side are not comfortable for the reason stated, the rows don't have much depth. I wonder if one could remove all the bleachers, "regrade" the pitch with new concrete, then provide more depth in rows. There would probably be 10 less rows, and fewer seats length wise in each row, but it would provide a more comfortable experience. Then again, that would probably add too much additional weight to the structure.

Last edited:

Yep. Sell the dump,
Build new somewhere else
OK but where ? Moving it away from Lincoln's vibrant bar, restaurant, and entertainment scene would be met with a ton of resistence. Build a new one on the existing site...?.....
I dunno....How would we handle two or three seasons with no home field ? Northwestern vs Nebraska at Seacrest Field ?

OK but where ? Moving it away from Lincoln's vibrant bar, restaurant, and entertainment scene would be met with a ton of resistence. Build a new one on the existing site...?.....
I dunno....How would we handle two or three seasons with no home field ? Northwestern vs Nebraska at Seacrest Field ?
Clear out the Russian bottoms.
Park a new stadium/complex there,

Or not

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back