• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Stadium

I've been to many games in Lincoln. Trust me, it's different. It's the difference between those people willing to "smuggle" things in vs. the entire stadium being "allowed" to have it. I would assume it's the difference between a Husker game and a Chiefs game. I wouldn't take my kids to U of L games when they were young nor would I have taken them to a Bengals game. I happily took them to NU games.

I'm not saying I'm 100% against it, but it will change the experience.

I realize NU and U of L aren't the same, but it makes a big difference IMO.
I don't doubt it's different, you replied before I edited my post to clarify. I agree with you

I had ventured upper deck in Gaylord stadium (OU spring game). Similar to Memorial in Lincoln. Way too high. Players looks like ants. Barely recognize jersey numbers. I got 20-20 vision.

300px-EastSide1_-OUUAB_2006.09.02.jpg
That's not at all the experience I have had at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. Please don't suggest that they block off what are some of the best seats in the house until you've actually experienced it.

Through a lens it looks like that but in reality where this pic is taken the view is awesome & much closer than it appears. Best view in the stadium IMO (although I've never been between the 40s)
I know it (lens). But still too high.

BTW, watch out for suicide jump especially losing record.

It is high, no doubt, but honestly the views are great. Now I am in the first row of the east balcony but I can see everything very clearly. They are great seats.
Probably right. Quick cross section drawing .....

nBpEnlN.png

Upper decks are the same height but OU stadium is longer x-axis.

I had ventured upper deck in Gaylord stadium (OU spring game). Similar to Memorial in Lincoln. Way too high. Players looks like ants. Barely recognize jersey numbers. I got 20-20 vision.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back