• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mel wants to take us to the "Woodshed"!

HuskerRef

Varsity
10 Year Member
Well, that's not actually what he said but it makes for better discussion. He does mention that NU only requested 2500 tickets so he doesn't expect to see much Red in the stands.

Would really, really, love to take them to their own woodshed.

Just a general question I don't know the answer to: I wonder how many people use Stub Hub and other ticket services rather than go through the University these days? I learned my lesson after buying $200 tickets to Oklahoma through the University and sitting in the rafters, I found I would have been much better off using Stub Hub, paying half that price and being half the distance from the clouds.

Just a general question I don't know the answer to: I wonder how many people use Stub Hub and other ticket services rather than go through the University these days? I learned my lesson after buying $200 tickets to Oklahoma through the University and sitting in the rafters, I found I would have been much better off using Stub Hub, paying half that price and being half the distance from the clouds.

I used to travel to a lot of away games in the Big 8/Big 12 era and never got a ticket from the University. Hell, half the time I bought them the day of at the stadium if I didn't have a line on tickets previously.

At least MT didn't say that he would like us to go out into the woods and then go rafting afterwards. No thank you! Really, the word, "woodshed," is not PC. The cancellation culture would have a heyday with that word.

I thought 2500 was the minimum allotment teams had to provide, and in the Big 10 I wasn't aware that away teams ever received more than that. I'm sure there will be plenty of red.

Coach Mel T recognizes the value of an intimidating home-field advantage, and how a team can be inspired when the whole fan base is behind them. From the article:

“The energy in the stadium and the intensity and the focus is going to be there,” Tucker said. “I believe it will be one of the toughest places to play in the country. People should not want to come to Spartan Stadium and play in The Woodshed. It should be a factor.”

Coincidentally, there was a linked article where Charlie McBride talked about how the fans can have more of an influence on the players than would the coaches.

Not to state the obvious but regarding the OP, what is Mel talking about. MSU has had a couple of Rose Bowl teams. I have watched 40 years of CFB and MSU has always been a SLIGHTLY above average team. They have been taken to the woodshed just as often as they have taken anyone to the woodshed. In fact, we played them once there in the 90s and took them to the woodshed.

Not to state the obvious but regarding the OP, what is Mel talking about. MSU has had a couple of Rose Bowl teams. I have watched 40 years of CFB and MSU has always been a SLIGHTLY above average team. They have been taken to the woodshed just as often as they have taken anyone to the woodshed. In fact, we played them once there in the 90s and took them to the woodshed.
Saban was coaching that team.

He's just channeling his "hatred of all things red" from his Colorado days. I wonder if he has banned all wearing of red clothing by anyone in the facility this week. :Rolleyes:

If we play like we did against OU I strongly believe we win, if we play like we did against Illinois I strongly believe we lose. At this point it is up to the team. They need to build each week to the next, they can't keep playing like Jekyll and Hyde, one series good, one series bad. I am sure that is easier said than done but if they can just get momentum heading in the right direction all will be good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back