• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mel Tucker to MSU

Wow. Guy has only 1 year of HC experience and won 5 games with Colorado. Of course, he beat us so there's that. Bet the Buffalo's are fuming.

Five wins last season qualified as the second best record of the decade. That's how bad CU football is.

How we lost two consecutive years to one of the very worst programs in football this century is mind boggling.

Five wins last season qualified as the second best record of the decade. That's how bad CU football is.

How we lost two consecutive years to one of the very worst programs in football this century is mind boggling.

I agree, not to make excuses, CU in both years was playing decent early in the year. Then the bottom fell out on them.

Michigan State must have gotten desperate, just like Mizzou did with the Appalachian State coach. There just aren't a lot of proven coaches out there on the open market right now. Based off his one season, Mel shouldn't be anything to fear. I truly hope this throws CU into total disarray.

Tucker: The Man and His Dream. I watched this movie.

before ....
images

after ....
images

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised but it's hard not to enjoy CU's misfortune. I hope they never win another game but it's not like the CU community really cares.

Not sure what to think of this for MSU. It might be easier for Tucker to tap in to his southeastern roots for recruiting at MSU but he's very much an unknown commodity. His lack of California connections made him an odd fit for the buffoons.

Last edited:

I'm a little surprised but it's hard not to enjoy CU's misfortune. I hope they never win another game but it's not like the CU community really cares.

Not sure what to think of this for MSU. It might be easier for Tucker to tap in to his southeastern roots for recruiting at MSU but he's very much an unknown commodity. His lack of California connections made him an odd fit for the buffoons.

I think he’s a decent coach, but had many of the same initial thoughts. Seems like a bit of a stretch for a school like MSU.

I think Fickel turning them down might have had an impact for some. He looked at everything about the school, money, culture etc. and said no thanks, that might have set off some bells for some folks that if Luke wasn't going to take the job, why should I?

Maybe?

I second this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back