• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Meanwhile . . . in Ft. Collins

ramsker

Short...but slow
15 Year Member
POB took over for an injured starter with the Rams reeling a few weeks ago. All he's done is be really good. Happy the kid landed on his feet. Maybe he wasn't near mobile enough for Frost's offense, but his passing would look pretty damn good right about now. Happy the kid landed on his feet and got a shot. He's making the most of it right now.

Over his last three starts, all CSU wins, the redshirt junior and former Nebraska Cornhuskers quarterback has more or less been the anti-Steven Montez: five touchdown tosses, one pick, 65 completions on 103 attempts (.631) while averaging 325.3 passing yards per tilt.

“I’m trying to put the wide receiver in the best position to make a play afterward,” noted O’Brien, who completed 17 of 27 throws for 234 yards Saturday in a 37-17 stomping of UNLV at Canvas Stadium. “If they’re able to get open and I make the throw, and we’re able to get the first down, that’s what we need to do.”

The Rams (4-5, 3-2 Mountain West) don’t need O’Brien to be great. But they do need him to catchable. Calm, cool and catchable.

TDP-L-COLORADO-STATE-UNLV_AC32056x.jpg

Oof.

Good job POB. Wish he'd have been able to stick and make a difference at Nebraska. He doesn't have the physical gifts some of the kids we currently have on the roster do, but he's still playing winning football.

POB took over for an injured starter with the Rams reeling a few weeks ago. All he's done is be really good. Happy the kid landed on his feet. Maybe he wasn't near mobile enough for Frost's offense, but his passing would look pretty damn good right about now. Happy the kid landed on his feet and got a shot. He's making the most of it right now.

Over his last three starts, all CSU wins, the redshirt junior and former Nebraska Cornhuskers quarterback has more or less been the anti-Steven Montez: five touchdown tosses, one pick, 65 completions on 103 attempts (.631) while averaging 325.3 passing yards per tilt.

“I’m trying to put the wide receiver in the best position to make a play afterward,” noted O’Brien, who completed 17 of 27 throws for 234 yards Saturday in a 37-17 stomping of UNLV at Canvas Stadium. “If they’re able to get open and I make the throw, and we’re able to get the first down, that’s what we need to do.”

The Rams (4-5, 3-2 Mountain West) don’t need O’Brien to be great. But they do need him to catchable. Calm, cool and catchable.

TDP-L-COLORADO-STATE-UNLV_AC32056x.jpg
That kid wasn’t playing for Frost. No shot. Nor would Tom Brady so that’s more a reflection of his style and the offense we run.

Last edited:

Doesn't have the athleticism. I get it. Looks like he can still hit open receivers. That appears to be an asset we could use about now.
I still remember watching a highlight of the first spring practice from the media, and Gebbia and Martinez were sprinting the warm-ups and O'Brien was just laboring behind them. Sent it to a friend and said "we can go ahead and assume O'Brien will be transferring". Kid is a good QB, just not in the Frost system.

I still remember watching a highlight of the first spring practice from the media, and Gebbia and Martinez were sprinting the warm-ups and O'Brien was just laboring behind them. Sent it to a friend and said "we can go ahead and assume O'Brien will be transferring". Kid is a good QB, just not in the Frost system.

Yeah, he's not running the ball on an RPO......very well. Takes some of the effectiveness....or should I say 'theoretical effectiveness' out of the offense when you don't have to commit a guy to cover a keeper.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back