• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked McKewon's Takes: Huskers recruiting for better pass rush in the Big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Several interesting takes from Sam (article on the BRM front page). I found the recruiting of defensive lineman intriguing as we may need to shift how we rush in the Big 10.

Recruitniks may have noticed that Nebraska coaches are still putting on the full-court press for signing another defensive end for the 2011 class

It tells me the Huskers are bullish on creating a dynamic pass rush for the Big Ten, and changing the versatility of the end position. Remember Cameron Meredith's “spinnerâ€￾ role during the last half of the year?

The Brothers Pelini never stand still. They're creative yet solvent, and they evolve, year to year, based on opponents and personnel. The Big Ten has better offensive tackles and offensive lines than the Big 12. Straight bull rushes won't be as effective against the aircraft carriers protecting the quarterback's blind side in a snowy November.

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/12/19/4d0e84b5c718e

Also, some interesting comments about 2004 being the season that defined (and eventually ended) the BC era. "Arrogance, ego, defeat." Pretty much sums it up.

The DL got pushed off the ball 1-2 yards quite often in the Big XII game versus OU. An area than needs to be improved IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back