• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey Brothers, Staying football ready

Those arms remind me of a he-man figure I had as a kid.

giphy.gif

I thought it would be interesting to compare the McCaffrey brothers since Christian was said to be too small to play in the NFL. Both Max and Christian play in the NFL now although Max has been suspended for 10 weeks back in Nov. Christian currently plays at 205 lbs. Luke is at 200 and also claimed to be too slight to play B1G football.

View attachment 34428

I think Luke can be a game changer in the years to come, if he stays at NU. He needs to add some muscle like Christian did. His Dad just took the HC job at N Colorado.

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — 12 Dec. Three-time Super Bowl champion Ed McCaffrey is the new head football coach at Northern Colorado.
"I am excited to be joining the University of Northern Colorado as their Head Football Coach!" McCaffrey announced on Instagram, and the school confirmed his hiring minutes later via a news release.

View attachment 34429
I hope he makes a difference this year.

Height is the most overrated measurable in football. It is nice, and if I have two guys with the same ability and one is 3" taller I take the taller guy, but that is about it. The football world is littered with guys that are too short that can play.

Agreed. You can make a slight argument for height when it comes to WRs and DBs. But if you have a shorter guy who can jump higher, it's not really a problem at all.

Also, Spud and Mugsey. If you can be like a 5-foot-nothing guy in the NBA, where height very much is a big frickin' deal, than it shouldn't be a big deal in football.

2805b1e9808b9aeaf742fe1ccd67fdf6.jpg

Agreed. You can make a slight argument for height when it comes to WRs and DBs. But if you have a shorter guy who can jump higher, it's not really a problem at all.

Also, Spud and Mugsey. If you can be like a 5-foot-nothing guy in the NBA, where height very much is a big frickin' deal, than it shouldn't be a big deal in football.

2805b1e9808b9aeaf742fe1ccd67fdf6.jpg

It is just a dumb measurable that should be way down on the list of things you look at in a player. Just like hand size in QBs. I probably feel so strongly about this because I am not the tallest guy in the world. I played a lot of football at about 5'10".

It is just a dumb measurable that should be way down on the list of things you look at in a player. Just like hand size in QBs. I probably feel so strongly about this because I am not the tallest guy in the world. I played a lot of football at about 5'10".
Web and Bogues had some serious "ups."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back