• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey bros not happy with coach frost comments

Frost was being honest and accurate. As I've said before, Luke is making himself look like a little brat. The McCaffrey boys are starting to look like they think they're entitled. There is a lot of talent among them but they're not indispensable. They can all take their ball and go home.

It's all about the delivery. Scott is right for the most part. But he needs to spend some time in finishing school.

Last edited:
Did incoming portal transfers also get bad advice? Frost's expressed perspective does seem to be a bit one sided.

Did incoming portal transfers also get bad advice? Frost's expressed perspective does seem to be a bit one sided.
Did incoming transfers leave after 4 summer workouts? Frost didn't say every transfer is getting bad advice. But one that leaves after 4 summer workouts? maybe he was given bad advise. He's talking about the ones that have two schools in one year, not all transfers in general. Not one sided, just the truth.

I don’t think he really addressed that. He answered with his general feelings about the portal. I can’t find anything wrong with what he said. There is absolutely no way the portal is good for college football in it’s current state. I don’t want kids stuck at a school but we need to fix this. Honestly I think Luke should have to sit this season out. These schools do make a substantial financial commitment to each kid on scholarship. Yes the coaches make to much and the money is crazy but without these institutions the kids wouldn’t have a platform. College football is so popular because of the local ties within a community to the university. They could start a NFL feeder league instead but it wouldn’t get the attention college football does.

I think he's commenting on what he has experienced as a coach in this era, which is things like kids entering the portal before they ever play a game, or kids transferring twice in a very short period of time. That is not good for the sport, and could very well not be good for the student athlete.

I don’t agree with you here. Especially on item two. I can see where one can say that it is for any individual to decide what is best for themselves, but I struggle to see some of the moves made being upgrades for the individual.

An “upgrade” is in the eye of the beholder, based on what they are looking for. For LM, he just wants to be the starter at QB. It seems like any school where that is possible is an upgrade for him.

Let’s look at who we’ve brought in. A guy who doesn’t fit a system and will be closer to home (Stepp). 2 guys who are grad transfers stepping up in competition. A 5* who is buried behind other 5* guys and has a friend here as a current starter. Yes, those are all mirror images of Luke.

As others posted here, Luke obviously got bad advice as evidence by him going to Louisville only to transfer to Rice in one offseason. Frost Isn’t bad mouthing the kid. He’s stating a fact about the risks associated with the transfer portal and the vulnerability of these young players. There was no need for the McCaffrey brothers to pop off. But we’re starting to learn more about the McCaffrey boys. As a Bronco fan, Ed was a sports hero of mine. It’s unfortunate how his boys turned out.

And Christian McCaffrey was one of the first to quit on his team and opt out. He’s one of the originators of the ‘me first’ trend we see in CFB these days. Not impressed with the McCaffrey boys.
Transfer in “one offseason”?!?!? He was there maybe a week at most. 4-5 workouts. Must of seen enough in those few workouts to “nope” the heck out of there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back