• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #4, (W, 76-69), Tue, 12/1 vs South Dakota @ PBA (Game Thread, Recap & Box Score)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
MBB Game #4, Tue, 12/1 vs South Dakota @ PBA, 8:00pm CT, BTN (& Game Thread)

Live Links: Watch / Listen / Live Stats / TuneIn / History / Game Notes

Don't Miss it!
index.php
Set Your DVR's! B1G (fka BTN)
Huskers (2-1), vs South Dakota (0-2)

BTN Network will carry TV coverage (also on Fox Sports App @ link)
TV: Kevin Kulger & Nick Bahe; Kent Pavelka & Jake Muhleisen on HSN Radio

1606602059277.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOUTING SOUTH DAKOTA

South Dakota is 0-2 on the season following losses to Colorado (84-61) and Drake (69-53) in the Little Apple Classic last week. The Coyotes returned one starter from a team that went 20-12 and finished third in the Summit League with a 10-6 mark. Coach Todd Lee is in his third season and improved USD's win total from 13 to 20 in his second season. Prior to taking the Coyotes' job, Lee spent five seasons as an assistant at Grand Canyon University and eight seasons leading Kentucky Wesleyan, taking the school to five straight NCAA Division II Tournaments.

While the Coyotes roster features 11 new players, senior guard Stanley Umude returns as one of the best players in the Summit Leauge. Umude, a 6-foot-6 guard, averaged 16.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game last season and is averaging a team-best 17.0 points per game in the first two contests. Sophomore guard A.J. Plitzuweit joins Umade in double figures at 11.5 ppg. USD has shot just 35 percent in the first two games, while opponents are shooting 42 percent.

Last edited:

Brady Heiman returns to PBA as a starting center... and definitely more important:

JOHNNY TRUEBLOOD'S TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO LINCOLN!!!

Go Big Red, and Go Big Johnny!

MBB Game #4, TOMORROW, Tue, 12/1 vs South Dakota @ PBA, 8:00pm CT, B1G (aka BTN) (& Game Thread)

Live Links: Watch / Listen / Live Stats / TuneIn / History

Don't Miss it!
index.php
Set Your DVR's! B1G (fka BTN)
Huskers (2-1), vs South Dakota (0-2)

B1G (fka BTN) Network will carry TV coverage. (should also be available on Fox Sports App @ link)
TV: Larry Punteney (???) & Shon Morris (???); Kent Pavelka & Jake Muhleisen on HSN Radio

View attachment 55899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay-Tuned for more details! :nod:
Red Don, thank you so much for these wonderful game announcement posts. These one-stop summary compilations are now my go-to references for upcoming Husker Hoops info. I don't even bother with the official UofN sites any longer. You are a genius in this regard. Sorry, but Covid won't allow a big hug. :Salute:

They have a former Loper? I actually heard he was a good player from Kearney.
Kanon Koster didn't go to UNK I don't think. I always get confused, because SDSU has more good Nebraska kids that I would have liked get a chance with Miles (Baylor Scheierman, David Wingett). Anyways, I hope Nebraska takes the game seriously and plays them out of the gym.

Kanon Koster didn't go to UNK I don't think. I always get confused, because SDSU has more good Nebraska kids that I would have liked get a chance with Miles (Baylor Scheierman, David Wingett). Anyways, I hope Nebraska takes the game seriously and plays them out of the gym.
He played for the Lopers as a freshman. Apparently had some pretty impressive games, but wasn’t big on the staff and the team didn’t look like they were going to be competitive. He had D1 offers, but stayed in Kearney for a year.

I’m with you, they need to jump on them and run them out of the gym. No screwing around.

Here is 'The Skinny' from another site fyi: :Redface:

The Skinny:
Last season Todd Lee's motion offense combined Stanley Umude's scoring punch with a Daum-esque Tyler Hagedorn at center and 3pt shooting guard Cody Kelley into one of the best in Div 1. They couldn't guard anyone, but those guys could score. The loss of all that experience and talent has the Coyotes struggling on offense and it's questionable how much they've improved on defense. This team by default wants to push the ball a bit and take away the 3. Putting Nebraska into a scenario where they can push pace and have to drive to the rim seems like a recipe for a blowout. South Dakota has put emphasis on taking away fast break points and might even break into a sprint down the court before the ball reaches the hoop on some possessions. The Coyotes have been unsustainably bad from 3 after two games as they will ultimately shoot better than 14.7% this year. How much are they due this game? That's the 12 point question.

Nebraska has seemingly worked their way into enough length and firepower this season to win against this type of team even if they're struggling. Hey man, maybe they don't play well after 3pm, man.

Prediction: Nebraska 89 - South Dakota 68
------------------------------------------------------------
Player to watch: G/F Stanley Umude
The offense starts and stops with 1000 point scorer and 6'6" Senior Stanley Umude. The offense thus far has been so Umude centric that his 36 shot attempts are more than the next two players combined (20+14=34). Without anyone else on the roster to pick up the load, Umude has struggled with his shot to the tune of an awful 29.2 eFG%. He's a threat to score from anywhere while getting to the line and with his height you wonder if it will be someone besides McGowens guarding him.

The Rest of the Roster
Welcome back Brady Heiman as for the second year in a row a former Husker comes back to Lincoln as a member of the opposing team. Heiman is starting and protecting the rim but most like isn't playing more than 20 minutes a game because he's not bringing enough offense to a team in desperate need. D-II Augustine transfer AJ Plitzuweit has secured the starting PG job and is second on the team in scoring at 11.5 per game. Undersized G/F Ty Chisom has been the other main scoring threat, mainly inside the arc, and has a nose for rebounds. Not to be mean but 5th starter Kruz Perrott-Hunt has been such a no-show offensively you could send his guy to cover Umude. Freshman center Nikola Zizic is in a platoon with Heiman. It's probably a matter of time before someone from the JUCO guards imports of Xavier Fuller, Mason Archambault, and Boogie Anderson makes their way into the starting lineup. A lack of size and familiarity with the offense currently holding them back. Kearney native Kanon Koster has been playing 13 minutes per game but has only taken 3 shots. 6'8 240# Greek forward Tasos Kamateros is a body.

Also Johnny Trueblood is a grad assistant for SD.
hhcmatt
https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/14766-game-day-essentials-game-3-vs-north-dakota-st/

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back