• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #34, (L, 66-62), Fri, 3/15 vs Wisconsin (#12 KP) (22-9) (14-6), @ 2:00pm CT, BTN

If they get an NIT invite and do well, maybe not. If they don't even get an invite, I'd say you're 100% correct.

Miles is done regardless. There's just no way Moos only extended his contract by one year last April and will now extend him more (if he keeps him, I guarantee it will have to be for 3 additional years extension or more, as you can't keep dangling a coach from a limb). I just don't know how Miles could have possibly met or exceeded Moos' expectations when he decided to a mere one-year extension (which is very much a short-leash decision).

Last edited:

Kid standing up for his coach is admirable indeed. In this case, I see it as keeping Miles would be setting us back even further. Best of luck though to Miles, and every guy on our team, no matter what next week brings.
The next Husker hoops coach is already tied for most school NCAA tournament wins. :Cautious:

The next Husker hoops coach is already tied for most school NCAA tournament wins. :Cautious:
tenor.gif
Not really, but that was pretty damn funny.

I know I'm late with my take, and, as usual, I did not read the rest of the thread. I watched the first half earlier this evening at 6:00 and just finished watching the second half.

Wow...another tremendous effort on defense, but the game was lost much like the other games that were lost where Nebraska should have won: the team got all of those stops and did not take advantage of them and left way too many points because the offensive scheme is what it is. Hero ball just means that "We really don't have an offense." Man, take advantage of those turnovers that were created in both halves and this team is leading going down the stretch. It's basically what we've seen...which still has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of support.

These players fought hard and represented the University well during the tournament. I just wish there was a different offensive scheme than hero ball.

I know I'm late with my take, and, as usual, I did not read the rest of the thread. I watched the first half earlier this evening at 6:00 and just finished watching the second half.

Wow...another tremendous effort on defense, but the game was lost much like the other games that were lost where Nebraska should have won: the team got all of those stops and did not take advantage of them and left way too many points because the offensive scheme is what it is. Hero ball just means that "We really don't have an offense." Man, take advantage of those turnovers that were created in both halves and this team is leading going down the stretch. It's basically what we've seen...which still has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of support.

These players fought hard and represented the University well during the tournament. I just wish there was a different offensive scheme than hero ball.

it is so sad?!! We did not make any of those easy layup shots

just so sad we should have won by 10 or more

Last edited:

it is so sad?!! We did not make any of those easy layup shots

just so sad we should have won by 10 or more
With like 13:00 to go in the second half Nebraska caused several turnovers and forced them into bad shots while being down 41-43. Possession after possession, the team didn't take advantage.

Finally, with 10:30 to go, Nebraska finally gets the lead. Then a stop with a defensive rebound, followed by Palmer throwing up a quick three because he made the one that gave Nebraska the lead. Next possession, great D played, but Wisconsin banks a shot to take the lead back with about 9:00 to go. Take advantage of some of those other possessions and that bank shot would have only been cutting into a Nebraska lead. The team had been in situations like that far too often this season.

Last edited:
With like 13:00 to go in the second half Nebraska caused several turnovers and forced them into bad shots while being down 41-43. Possession after possession, the team didn't take advantage.

Finally, with 10:30 to go, Nebraska finally gets the lead. Then a stop with a defensive rebound, followed by Palmer throwing up a quick three because he made the one that gave Nebraska the lead. Next possession, great D played, but Wisconsin banks a shot to take the lead back with about 9:00 to go. Take advantage of some of those other possessions and that bank shot would have only been cutting into a Nebraska lead. The team had been in situations like that far too often this season.
I agree completely. I think part of our shooting woes were due to fatigue, but yes, we have seen our team miss very makeable shots all year long. What confuses me is why so many blame the coach for our shooting problems. I am not saying that Miles does not share part of the blame for our problems this year. However, in my opinion, Miles and his staff outcoached the staffs of Rutgers, Maryland, and Wisconsin. We fell a little short against the Badgers, but the game plan was great. We just didn't make enough shots. And that's Miles' fault?

If I was a betting man, and I am not, I would guess that we will be looking for a new coach soon. I know that excites many of my fellow posters. But I have followed this same scenario since I started following the team in the early 60s, and it hasn't turned out well yet. I think our problems can be solved without cleaning house. If Moos decides to make a change, I hope that his choice will work out better than all the changes over the last 60 years have.

Miles is done regardless. There's just no way Moos only extended his contract by one year last April and will now extend him more (if he keeps him, I guarantee it will have to be for 3 additional years extension or more, as you can't keep dangling a coach from a limb). I just don't know how Miles could have possibly met or exceeded Moos' expectations when he decided to a mere one-year extension (which is very much a short-leash decision).

While I think it's time to move on and that is/was Moos opinion for some time, it will be hard to justify gassing Mile if they were to make it to the NIT Final or win the whole thing. I completely agree on the awkwardness of the situation if they're suddenly sitting at the table again, discussing an extension. I'm sure Moos was saying what we all were when Nebraska started the B1G tourney so hot..'Where the hell has this been?' If I'm Moos and I look at arguably the most talented NU roster in over a decade, I'm disappointed. Losing Copeland, Palmer and Watson off this roster is a killer. If you're going to make a change, now seems like the logical time because this is not going to be a good team next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back