• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #33, (W, 68-61), Thu, 3/14 vs Maryland (#20) (22-9) (13-7), About 1:30pm CT, BTN

Now what? Gotta love this! Everybody calling for the coaches head has got to be questioning themselves. Love the coach, talented players, and well coached game. GBR! WIN THE BIG!

um...I don't see any accolades in my post. I just think he coached a good game today, is all. :)
Sorry, Mike, I didn't mean to suggest you did. I'd just prefer to wait and see him put a season, or even just some games together, before I get a feeling it was good coaching. I was reading another post that commented that it was so unique to see plays actually being run...and working! This is great, but is it Miles making the difference, or do we finally have some guys on the court who understand how to play the game? Palmer is still Palmer, and Watson has some of those 'moments' you don't expect from a senior, but when you see the 'odd bench guys' making meaningful contributions to the game, it makes me wonder if their lack of physical talent has clouded Miles judgement of their ability?

Last edited:

Now what? Gotta love this! Everybody calling for the coaches head has got to be questioning themselves. Love the coach, talented players, and well coached game. GBR! WIN THE BIG!

Not...one...bit. Miles could win the B1G tournament, and that still wouldn't erase years of poor team management. We saw his great work with making the tourney once before; a marginal team, that got hot at just the right time. That's not a formula for long term success, though this was a nice win for the Huskers.

Sorry, Mike, I didn't mean to suggest you did. I'd just prefer to wait and see him put a season, or even just some games together, before I get a feeling it was good coaching. I was reading another post that commented that it was so unique to see plays actually being run...and working! This is great, but is it Miles making the difference, or do we finally have some guys on the court who understand how to play the game? Palmer is still Palmer, and Watson has some of those odd moments, but when you see the 'odd bench guys' making meaningful contributions to the game, it makes me wonder if their lack of physical talent has clouded Miles judgement of their ability?

Good points. I posted after the Iowa game to "start the bench guys" that won that game for us. They fought hard against Iowa and then again against Rutgers. Now they were a force in this game.

I do think he did a good job today but doubt he can continue it. :)

How can you be so sure? He may be gone tomorrow or whenever the tournament they get into is done! The storyline for the BIG Tournament is great. I think the players are producing to keep him here. Probably have egg on my face! You might as well. I like the coach.

If they beat WI tomorrow do they get into the dance or will it take 2 more wins? I think if they get in and win a game does Miles keep his job?
I can't believe that's even a thing.

Still, was just reminded by someone - I said that the most Nebrasketball thing to happen would be they make the tournament and win the play-in game, lose the first round. Does that count as a tournament win?

They could still do it! Do they make it as an at large? I have no idea.

Last edited:

I haven't changed my mind just because he has these 3 wins under his belt. He still has a ways to go to save his job.

Oh, and I've said all along that I like Miles and wish he was a good coach. :nod:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back