• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #33, 1st Round NIT, Wed, 3-14, @ Mississippi State (#4 Seed), 8:00 pm CST, ESPN2

LOL That is a talent no one has, ok? Of course, if someone is listening only, they would be ahead
we all were watching. Tell me, where are you? I have watched husker football, talking with a friend in Norfolk, Ne, and he was always ahead of me. Something to do with the air waves.

Again, where are you?
I live in Salina, KS. There were several times that I refreshed my screen on my phone, you had typed the play out, and then I watched it happen.

longer 3pt line evidently takes some getting used to... ;):O O:

not surprised by the outcome, the intangibles + playing away, just wasn't in the cards.

aggravating because it was an enjoyable season, very proud of the boys - hope this is a building block for the future.

Go Big Red!

NU is 3-8 in postseason (conference tournament and NCAA/NIT) under Miles. Two of the wins came in the 2016 Big Ten Tournament. Only one post-season win the other five seasons.

The two seasons we did make either the NCAA or NIT, we lost in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament (and the national tournament that followed).
I read that in 14 seasons he's never won a post season game...not incl. conf. tournaments. That's hard to do and never have been fired.

True.

And Miles is now 97-97 at Nebraska.
Next season is LARGE for Miles/Nebraska. If it's a repeat of the season after they made the tourney then I think you know all you'll ever need to know. Another NIT and I think the same.

It will be interesting to see what Copeland does. 23 years old...might be ready to get paid somewhere. NU really needs him to come back.

Next season is LARGE for Miles/Nebraska. If it's a repeat of the season after they made the tourney then I think you know all you'll ever need to know. Another NIT and I think the same.

It will be interesting to see what Copeland does. 23 years old...might be ready to get paid somewhere. NU really needs him to come back.

Assuming Miles returns next season, I definitely agree.

Season seven ... it can't go on longer without moving upward.

Predictable flat performance. I hate losing as much as anyone, but there is no way this team was motivated to play in Starksville tonight. I don't blame Miles or his staff... this is college basketball's version of a team sent to a bowl game they were not interested in.

whose job is it to motivate kids who either aren't able to, or don't understand how to motivate themselves? if the team isn't prepared to play, i absolutely fault the coaches for that. thats a large part of their job. We all knew NU was gonna come out flat, but can someone possibly explain to me WHY? good grief. this is a program that hasn't won ANYTHING of importance in basically EVER, and I have to listen to Miles Pffft to the local media about how they got slapped in the face by not getting a tourney invite. Are you kidding me? That tells me all i need to know about the CULTURE Miles has created.

Had Miles said ANYTHING remotely close to "we worry about what we can control. We're excited for the NIT, regardless of the slot. We're thankful for the opportunity, we love to compete, and we love to win. thats what we're gonna do." instead he's smirking about how he can't say outloud what he thought about the tourney snub. Entitlement just doesn't translate to effective competitive spirit. The team played exactly like a team that believed they belonged somewhere else. That should come as no surprise, cause thats exactly how the coach felt as well. He said it point blank to the media. So they end up right back where they started, in the losers bracket ......and.........

.....they lost all momentum heading into the offseason. I said a number of weeks ago that i wasn't gonna freak out about the success the team was enjoying at the moment until this season was over. i've already seen this script before and unfortunately, i feel like I already know the ending to this story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back