• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #30 VS MICHIGAN STATE @ PBA (SENIOR NIGHT +1) 8 PM CT BTN GAME THREAD

WELP!!!

Final Stats:

1677643267348.png

1677643202975.png

It’s really that simple one team shoots 68% and the other shoots 43%, the team that shoots 25% better is going to win.

It’s really that simple one team shoots 68% and the other shoots 43%, the team that shoots 25% better is going to win.
Still up 10 with 14 minutes to play. But no team can survive a 30-6 run over the next 12 minutes. Wow.

MSU started cold and finished hot, NU started hot and finished cold.. you never want to finish cold. Looks like we will probably drop the last two games.. I don't see us winning at Iowa, they are playing very well right now.

We just don't have the horses.. A few of them have played over their heads and a few others are just in there to allow the starters to rest.

When the other team goes on an NBA Jam "He's on FIRE" type run in the second half and for every two baskets they make, you've got to make three, this has a little to do with it as well. I do not know if I've ever watched a half where literally every guy on the opposition can't miss from behind the arc. Of course, they did at times but they were dropping them more often than not. There is simply nothing a team can do about that. You've got to just sit back and endure what was happening and wonder when it was going to end. Unfortunately for us, it ended with the clock at 0:00. I'd much rather have this team lose now, even though it makes the tourney harder, as opposed to getting multiple bye's (possibly) and trying to reset your mind from the relaxation that has crept in while doubling down with the feeling of we've got to win in order to keep the streak alive. Hopefully, these guys can reset and play the game that we have all been watching over the past month. It will be interesting to see how they react. Regardless, this team is much better than the team that we were watching at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:

When the other team goes on an NBA Jam "He's on FIRE" type run in the second half and for every two baskets they make, you've got to make three, this has a little to do with it as well. I do not know if I've ever watched a half where literally every guy on the opposition can't miss from behind the arc. Of course, they did at times but they were dropping them more often than not. There is simply nothing a team can do about that. You've got to just sit back and endure what was happening and wonder when it was going to end. Unfortunately for us, it ended with the clock at 0:00. I'd much rather have this team lose now, even though it makes the tourney harder, as opposed to getting multiple bye's (possibly) and trying to reset your mind from the relaxation that has crept in while doubling down with the feeling of we've got to win in order to keep the streak alive. Hopefully, these guys can reset and play the game that we have all been watching over the past month. It will be interesting to see how they react. Regardless, this team is much better than the team that we were watching at the beginning of the season.

I truly do not remember MSU missing 5 3 pointers in the second half. They all seemed like they were going in hole. You know it is not your night when the opposing team gets an inbound pass, in the corner, with 1 second on the clock and the guy drains an 18 footer with a hand in his face.

Nebraska cooled off in the second half, but part of that, I think was that, MSU came out so hot shooting. They really felt like they had to keep up and they got out of their game.

Isn't it funny how different referee crews call a game so differently. How many illegal screens did they call last night? Had to be at least 5 or 6. They were calling it both ways but I thought a lot of them were fairly ticky tack.

It was a nice little run by these overachieving practice players but now it’s time to mercifully end the Fred Hoiberg experiment now that post season play is off the table.

It was a nice little run by these overachieving practice players but now it’s time to mercifully end the Fred Hoiberg experiment now that post season play is off the table.
I don't think there is an appetite to end Hoibergs tenure. But next season will be brutal! His teams seem to be able to play a few good games at end of season when it doesn't matter

I truly do not remember MSU missing 5 3 pointers in the second half. They all seemed like they were going in hole. You know it is not your night when the opposing team gets an inbound pass, in the corner, with 1 second on the clock and the guy drains an 18 footer with a hand in his face.

Nebraska cooled off in the second half, but part of that, I think was that, MSU came out so hot shooting. They really felt like they had to keep up and they got out of their game.

Isn't it funny how different referee crews call a game so differently. How many illegal screens did they call last night? Had to be at least 5 or 6. They were calling it both ways but I thought a lot of them were fairly ticky tack.
For a moment, when they were draining the 3's, I was waiting for Izzo to suit up and go out and hit one. :oops:

I don't think there is an appetite to end Hoibergs tenure. But next season will be brutal! His teams seem to be able to play a few good games at end of season when it doesn't matter

I think he will be back for sure although he definitely shouldn’t be. Like last year, this was a nice little run towards the end of the season. He’s 39-82 (17-61 in conference) here though. I can’t look past two 7 win seasons and a 10 win season because he almost made .500 in his fourth season. I get there were injuries, but that kind of record shouldn’t ever get you the benefit of the doubt.

We are about to see how serious Trev is about our second most important sport. If he brings Fred back, he’s not series at all. No serious AD at a Power 5 school would make a decision like that based on the record Fred has.

I will add if he somehow manages to make the NIT you bring him back. But I don’t see that happening.

Last edited:

Also, regarding the moving screens. Izzo set that up to happen. He spotted that we move a lot on screens in film, and he started lobbing the refs at halftime in true Izzo form. They got us with some big ones over and over when really only Wilcher’s was legit. It’s annoying and I hate him, but that’s why he’s Tom Izzo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back