• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #30 VS MICHIGAN STATE @ PBA (SENIOR NIGHT +1) 8 PM CT BTN GAME THREAD

Also, regarding the moving screens. Izzo set that up to happen. He spotted that we move a lot on screens in film, and he started lobbing the refs at halftime in true Izzo form. They got us with some big ones over and over when really only Wilcher’s was legit. It’s annoying and I hate him, but that’s why he’s Tom Izzo.
Maybe we need a coach nobody likes like Izzo!

When the other team goes on an NBA Jam "He's on FIRE" type run in the second half and for every two baskets they make, you've got to make three, this has a little to do with it as well. I do not know if I've ever watched a half where literally every guy on the opposition can't miss from behind the arc. Of course, they did at times but they were dropping them more often than not. There is simply nothing a team can do about that. You've got to just sit back and endure what was happening and wonder when it was going to end. Unfortunately for us, it ended with the clock at 0:00. I'd much rather have this team lose now, even though it makes the tourney harder, as opposed to getting multiple bye's (possibly) and trying to reset your mind from the relaxation that has crept in while doubling down with the feeling of we've got to win in order to keep the streak alive. Hopefully, these guys can reset and play the game that we have all been watching over the past month. It will be interesting to see how they react. Regardless, this team is much better than the team that we were watching at the beginning of the season.

Frankly, I'd take a bye or two...

Frankly, I'd take a bye or two...
I'd take a single bye. I don't think that two would be beneficial. I'd prefer to reset my thinking. Then go back to my basics followed by putting them into action. But that is just my opinion. Idle time can be as much negative as positive.

I think he will be back for sure although he definitely shouldn’t be. Like last year, this was a nice little run towards the end of the season. He’s 39-82 (17-61 in conference) here though. I can’t look past two 7 win seasons and a 10 win season because he almost made .500 in his fourth season. I get there were injuries, but that kind of record shouldn’t ever get you the benefit of the doubt.

We are about to see how serious Trev is about our second most important sport. If he brings Fred back, he’s not series at all. No serious AD at a Power 5 school would make a decision like that based on the record Fred has.

I will add if he somehow manages to make the NIT you bring him back. But I don’t see that happening.
I don’t understand why DONU leadership continues to squander the excellent facilities, fan support, and overall Goodwill we have for basketball. This is the second leading revenue producing sport and should take less time to turn around compared to a poor football program, which needs many more playmakers.

I think he will be back for sure although he definitely shouldn’t be. Like last year, this was a nice little run towards the end of the season. He’s 39-82 (17-61 in conference) here though. I can’t look past two 7 win seasons and a 10 win season because he almost made .500 in his fourth season. I get there were injuries, but that kind of record shouldn’t ever get you the benefit of the doubt.

We are about to see how serious Trev is about our second most important sport. If he brings Fred back, he’s not series at all. No serious AD at a Power 5 school would make a decision like that based on the record Fred has.

I will add if he somehow manages to make the NIT you bring him back. But I don’t see that happening.

I guess I am not giving Fred the benefit of the doubt. I think there is a big difference between this season and last. Yeah they won 3 games at the end of the season. Which was nice. They also had a 9 game losing streak and a 2 four game losing streaks. This year the longest losing streak was 4 and that was 1 time right after they lost both of the guys to season ending injuries.

This team looks a lot more like a B1G BBall team than any other he has put on the floor. His first 3 teams looked like last place NBA teams.The season is not over yet. They can still play themselves into an NIT bid.

I would give him 1 more year and I think Trev is leaning that way. I have been very impressed that he sat down and said what we are trying to do is not working and we have to go in a different direction. This at least for me is a lot more fun to watch win or lose. If they back slide next year then fire him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back