• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #29, (L, 72-66), Sun, 2/18 @ Illinois (#109) (12-15) (2-12), 2:30 pm CST, BTN

Watson is taking a ton of heat for that shot. I may be in the minority here, but I don’t mind it. The elbow-extended is Watson’s spot. Yes, it was early in the shot clock. Yes, Watson is struggling. I still don’t have issues with that shot. I have way bigger issues with Palmer’s 4-1 hero ball drive.
I was thinking the whole last 4 minutes when I mentioned Watson. He didn't display the calm that the team needed, he went into hero mode (and he has been clutch in the past) instead of leading the team. The shot he took was in rhythm and looked like most every other one he has taken lately: not going in.

This team is still learning to win. Super frustrating. Unfortunately for my gut, the two biggest turnover machines under duress are Palmer and Copeland. You get the gut-punch with the amazing from them. I have a very hard time putting any confidence in this team, but they are a team. They aren't playing way above their heads like the 2014 team was. There are still goals out there for them. Go get 'em!

Last edited:

One difference I see is they have not peaked yet. The 2014 team was on a high; they just couldn't miss shots or FTs. But they did seem to have peaked at the highly-charged, no-sit Sunday, Wisconsin game; Going one-and-done thereafter in both the B1G Tournament and NCAA's.

Other than the Michigan Win, this team has yet to show that. Miles said in the post-game interview that he was about to blow up after the first 15 minutes of their final practice because they weren't working hard enough. Here's a comment from Roby following the game.

We'll see how the team reacts after this lackadaisical loss. They've checked off a lot of items on their list this season; First Win over Michigan; First Win at the Kohl Center; First Win at 'The Barn.'

Now, Do they Want to get to the Tournament? I know Miles always emphasizes to the team what it Takes to get there; Will they show the Determination to make it?

Here's hoping they Peak at the Right Time!

Last edited:
One difference I see is they have not peaked yet. The 2014 team was on a high; they just couldn't miss shots or FTs. But they did seem to have peaked at the highly-charged, no-sit Sunday, Wisconsin game; Going one-and-done thereafter in both the B1G Tournament and NCAA's.

Other than the Michigan Win, this team has yet to show that. Miles said in the post-game interview that he was about to blow up after the first 15 minutes of their final practice because they weren't working hard enough. Here's a comment from Roby following the game.

We'll see how the team reacts after this lackadaisical loss. They've checked off a lot of items on their list this season; First Win over Michigan; First Win at the Kohl Center; First Win at 'The Barn.'

Now, Do they Want to get to the Tournament? I know Miles always emphasizes to the team what it Takes to get there; Will they show the Determination to make it?

Here's hoping they Peak at the Right Time!

I get so tired of our football and basketball teams thinking that they can take a team lightly. :Banghead:

Watson is taking a ton of heat for that shot. I may be in the minority here, but I don’t mind it. The elbow-extended is Watson’s spot. Yes, it was early in the shot clock. Yes, Watson is struggling. I still don’t have issues with that shot. I have way bigger issues with Palmer’s 4-1 hero ball drive.

Watson is 3 for 21 from the field the last two games. He was not a good choice to be chucking threes in panic mode.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back