• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #29, (L, 72-66), Sun, 2/18 @ Illinois (#109) (12-15) (2-12), 2:30 pm CST, BTN

Bad loss. Really bad. We've been winning all the games we were supposed to win since the calendar turned to 2018. Until today. At the worst time.

We doomed ourselves with some really poor shooting spells in the second half. Had a chance to put this game away and didn't. Can't miss 8 of 18 free throws. Meanwhile Illinois hit theirs.

And now, we are definitely on the outside of the bubble looking in. Sure, it's not over yet -- but now we will not only need to win the final two games of the regular season -- but we'll probably need to win two games in the conference tournament for any hope.

Bad loss. Really bad. We've been winning all the games we were supposed to win since the calendar turned to 2018. Until today. At the worst time.

We doomed ourselves with some really poor shooting spells in the second half. Had a chance to put this game away and didn't. Can't miss 8 of 18 free throws. Meanwhile Illinois hit theirs.

And now, we are definitely on the outside of the bubble looking in. Sure, it's not over yet -- but now we will not only need to win the final two games of the regular season -- but we'll probably need to win two games in the conference tournament for any hope.

Also, settling to shoot too many 3s, and rushing shots, besides. Poor coaching!!

Yeah, 8 of 18 ft's is not a winning-type performance
Also, Watson is not up to potential, this year, period!

Final Stats:

upload_2018-2-18_14-42-47.png

upload_2018-2-18_14-43-18.png

upload_2018-2-18_14-44-3.png

CRAP. Watson took the bonehead trophy going away. They played with the energy they needed to win, but not smart enough. Did I mention CRAP?

Still the best team Nebraska has had in 15 years. If they win the next two at home, and one in the tourney who knows.

Last edited:

This can still be a tourney team but they’re gonna need to win out and I think a win against an MSU or Purdue would do it. Tall order there though. I always kind of thought this would be a 13-5 more so than a 14-4 conference record. If they lose one of the last 2 I’d say they have to win the tourney to make the dance.

This can still be a tourney team but they’re gonna need to win out and I think a win against an MSU or Purdue would do it. Tall order there though. I always kind of thought this would be a 13-5 more so than a 14-4 conference record. If they lose one of the last 2 I’d say they have to win the tourney to make the dance.
Win over MSU or Pur would do it, IMHO.

First of all, they need to get their schtick together!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back