• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #23, (L, 60-45), Wed, 2/6 vs Maryland, (#20) (17-6) (8-4), @ PBA, 6:00pn CT, BTN

Not many people in PBA. Don't remember seeing the crowd so angry. I know I was wishing I had change to throw at the refs. I didn't do that, and wouldn't do it, but man there was a stretch there were they let Maryland's center do whatever, including taunting and hanging on the rim. Copeland got a technical for so much less than that, and when he stepped on Borchardt... nothing. I would have punched him, personally. Then I would have been killed. But still.

Roby seemed pissed at Watson. Borchardt fought hard but lost. Roby kept going, but there were two people to stop. If anyone but Roby could score they might have stuck with it and won. But they didn't, and truthfully, the game didn't look that close. I think you play everyone at this point, because there's no option. Seriously, the downside to playing Heiman and the others is what, losing by more? Maybe they'll find someone who can hit a shot (Costello?). Yes, they should be that desperate.

Glyn Watson looks so completely defeated right now ... cannot believe that young man didn't score, at all, even with the funk he is in.

but man there was a stretch there were they let Maryland's center do whatever, including taunting and hanging on the rim. Copeland got a technical for so much less than that, and when he stepped on Borchardt... nothing

I thought a T could have been called on the rim hang as well, but that is so rarely called these days it didn't surprise me. As for the Bernardo stepping on TB, Andy Katz railed on Nebraska's local media for not asking for a media pool question so the "no call" and "no review" could have been addressed ... AK made these comments on the post game segment after the crew broke down the game. All agreed there should have been a video review, at minimum, to determine flagrant 1.

Regardless, complaining about much as a Husker fan right about now seems like begging ... at least in terms of officiating. Nebraska isn't playing well at all, some of the guys aren't playing with full intensity, and the overall product is just poor. Nebraska will get zero breaks in the current state.

Tough to turn this thing around any time soon.

Well, I just learned from @RobinWashut that the Copeland slam T was called by the same crew. Gosh, that makes me feel like the B1G has it in for Nebraska... like if I learned that over a 2 year stretch there was 1 holding call on Nebraska's opponents in football. I have a lot of rage right now, good thing I'm not Bruce (or David) Banner

These last few weeks of HUSKER basketball have been like something out of the Twilight Zone. Sheesh, what a terrible turn of events for this team it has been lately.

Haven’t read the thread but was at the game. Bottom line. You do not win when you shoot 21% from the field

Nebraska shot 21% from the field. 12 of 57.

12 made shots the entire freakin game.

We suck so bad. I remember thinking the 2014-15 team was the most underachieving NU basketball team ever. Say hello to the 2018-19 team.
I posted this in the Men's Basketball thread as well; 8-40 for 20% shooting on 2 pointers. I think the old Iowa girls high school basketball teams shot better percentages than this team.

I posted this in the Men's Basketball thread as well; 8-40 for 20% shooting on 2 pointers. I think the old Iowa girls high school basketball teams shot better percentages than this team.

Heck, the vast majority of girl's basketball teams at any level, from any city or state, shoot better. Much more fundamentally sound.

We are so poorly coached in so many facets. I've never seen it this bad in Lincoln. Disgusting is an understatement. Because we took a team with the type of potential we see about once a generation in Lincoln -- and completely flushed it down the shi!ter.

Not many people in PBA. Don't remember seeing the crowd so angry. I know I was wishing I had change to throw at the refs. I didn't do that, and wouldn't do it, but man there was a stretch there were they let Maryland's center do whatever, including taunting and hanging on the rim. Copeland got a technical for so much less than that, and when he stepped on Borchardt... nothing. I would have punched him, personally. Then I would have been killed. But still.

Roby seemed pissed at Watson. Borchardt fought hard but lost. Roby kept going, but there were two people to stop. If anyone but Roby could score they might have stuck with it and won. But they didn't, and truthfully, the game didn't look that close. I think you play everyone at this point, because there's no option. Seriously, the downside to playing Heiman and the others is what, losing by more? Maybe they'll find someone who can hit a shot (Costello?). Yes, they should be that desperate.

Yet we didn't respond with any fire with the MD center bullying us around. Instead, we curled up into a ball. A real team would have retaliated -- even if it resulted in a flagrant. We have zero heart -- and never have under Miles. Such a fragile group.

These last few weeks of HUSKER basketball have been like something out of the Twilight Zone. Sheesh, what a terrible turn of events for this team it has been lately.
no doubt... what in the world happened for this group to just completely fall apart. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

Following Nebraska basketball I draw somewhat of a parallel with UNLV, another team I follow, the past few years. UNLV had a great Coach in Lon Kruger lured away by Oklahoma. They then opted for Dave Rice. The really big difference was Kruger was a mentally tough player in his day carrying that trait over to his Coaching style. He got the most out of the talent he had and his teams played to "his'' level of competiveness and even sometimes beyond. Rice came in and could not dupicate that level of intensity. His syle/players were uninspired playing with no intensity and did not play with the mental toughness of Kruger's teams. I see the same thing in Mile's team. They are not a mentally tough team reflecting their Coaches' style and play as such. Give these same players to a Lon Kruger and the results would be remarkedly different.

I feel really bad for this team. They’re better than this.
Apparently, not. This current losing skid is not justifiable and has exposed the weakness of the program. NU has no fire or desire. The evidence is in the rebounding, 53 to 42. Rebounding is nothing more than wanting the ball. Also, we have no offensive scheme other than to dribble around the perimeter, run down the shot clock and get forced into throwing up some ridiculous, difficult shot. Then, no rebound, one and done.

No Senior leadership. Watson scoring 0 points and 1 assist? What is up with that? He is a long time starter and supposedly the "floor general?"

From where i sit, we are weak physically, lazy as a team and not mentally tough. We cannot defend the paint or score inside the paint. Those are strength issues and effort.

I do not see Head Coach, Tim Miles, surviving this year. Very slim chance of post season play, again.

I think some/most of the team has basically quit on Miles and given up on the season. It's seemed that way going back to the Rutgers and Ohio State losses.

Finally watched the game at 10:00 last night. I knew they lost, but I wanted to see it anyway. As soon as Maryland came back and punched Nebraska in the mouth, the team went polar vortex cold. The here we go again mentality looked to be in full force. And last night's shooting woes saw a lot of decent shots from around 10 feet and in not go in. Not much confidence flowing through the team except "we're confident we aren't going to be able to win this game."

Borchardt played hard, but the refs showed that young man no love at all. The Roby who played aggressive last night is the player I expected to see...now, he just needs to that for the entire game as he was still hesitant at times last night.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back