• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #21, (W, 72-52), Thu, 1/18 vs Michigan (#18) (16-4) (5-2), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

We can win the next game! No one is safe!! :)
giphy.gif

wow. nice to be on the other side of a basketball beatdown. shots were falling, no doubt, but the defense was the difference. that level of energy on defense won the game for them and it was a sight to behold. Evan taylor has finally found his niche, and he's owning it now, which is great to see. Dude is an absolute lock-down defender.....getting steals, blocking shots, diving on the floor. The team needs him to just do exactly what he did tonight. take the opposing teams best guard out of the game.

Jordy did the team a huge favor by heading out on his own to find master yoda. that apparently gave Miles the push he needed to sit him on the bench. NU is so much better with Roby starting at the 5, and i'll give you 2 reasons why, both of which center on the same concept. Whoever is guarding Roby actually has to guard him 10 feet from the basket. the pick N roll has some space to breathe now. All those back-cut dunks NU is getting now, that they weren't before Jordy left is because Roby is bringing his defender out from under the basket. Opposing bigmen can't just camp under the basket and eat space. Oh, thank the lord for proper spacing....

Last edited:

wow. nice to be o the other side of a basketball beatdown. shots were falling, no doubt, but the defense was the difference. that level of energy on defense won the game for them and it was a sight to behold. Evan taylor has finally found his niche, and he's owning it now, which is great to see. Dude is an absolute lock-down defender.....getting steals, blocking shots, diving on the floor. The team needs him to just do exactly what he did tonight. take the opposing teams best guard out of the game.

Jordy did the team a huge favor by heading out on his own to find master yoda. that apparently gave Miles the push he needed to sit him on the bench. NU is so much better with Roby starting at the 5, and i'll give you 2 reasons why, both of which center on the same concept. Whoever is guarding Roby actually has to guard him 10 feet from the basket. the pick N roll has some space to breathe now. All those back-cut dunks NU is getting now, that they weren't before Jordy left is because Roby is bringing his defender out from under the basket. Opposing bigmen can't just camp under the basket and eat space. Oh, thank the lord for proper spacing....

CHECK!

CHECK!

I don't know if you could tell on TV, the students started chanted "Wagner" with about 10 minutes to go since he only had 2 points. When he was pulled from the game, they started in with "We Want Wagner (clap clap, clap-clap-clap)". It was fun.

That was the most electric atmosphere for UNL basketball I have been in for years... like, maybe KU in 1992? I wasn't there for No-Sit-Sunday nor the opening game of PBA which I guess are the recent big ones. Still, a blast.

Jordy got a great cheer when he entered the game, and he didn't play badly. He really had a nice seal where he allowed someone to get to the rim.

Still can't fathom the offensive rebounding that Nebraska is allowing... maybe they will figure it out yet.

Nice defensive plan, Coach Hunter!

What a blast! GO BIG RED!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back