• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #21 vs Northwestern @ PBA 6 PM CT FOX SPORTS 2 GAME THREAD

:ph34r:
Annnnd Your Final Stats: Huskers cut the deficit to 15 points from being as much as 23 points down in the fourth Q.
1f62c.png

1674698148431.png

1674698092851.png

I've come to the conclusion we are cursed in Basketball. This group made it fun to watch for a bit, I enjoyed the team play this year, the ball really touches a lot of hands, vs. the NBA style last season of clear and dribble (and miss on the drive).

Not looking for much the rest of the way with three key guys out and we already struggled to score. Unfortunately nothing new. Probably won't watch any live, will record and go through fast as less painful that way.

Time to clean house. Unfortunately dont think it will happen till next year.

I thought we already did that this season, with new asst coaches Adam Howard & Ernie Zeigler; player development director Emmanuel Tommy (and coaching staff Nate Loenser & Kurt Joseph new last year).

Still, early on, virtually nobody gave us Any Chance of winning more than a couple of conference games, until unheard of new players Juwan Gary and Emmanuel Bandoumel started playing and demonstrating their smothering defensive skills. All of a sudden we won some games where nobody gave us a chance; Some even opined we were an 'exciting' team to watch.

All this without Keyontae Johnson, currently tearing it up offensively at Kansas State, who was on the verge of transferring to Nebraska until UNL Administration nixed it. After Gary and Bandoumel, through no fault of their own are injured and out for the remainder of the season, we are back to being "the Bums" again? So we are going to throw everyone out and start over from square one again?

I thought we already did that this season, with new asst coaches Adam Howard & Ernie Zeigler; player development director Emmanuel Tommy (and coaching staff Nate Loenser & Kurt Joseph new last year).

Still, early on, virtually nobody gave us Any Chance of winning more than a couple of conference games, until unheard of new players Juwan Gary and Emmanuel Bandoumel started playing and demonstrating their smothering defensive skills. All of a sudden we won some games where nobody gave us a chance; Some even opined we were an 'exciting' team to watch.

All this without Keyontae Johnson, currently tearing it up offensively at Kansas State, who was on the verge of transferring to Nebraska until UNL Administration nixed it. After Gary and Bandoumel, through no fault of their own are injured and out for the remainder of the season, we are back to being "the Bums" again? So we are going to throw everyone out and start over from square one again?
So big plus for Fred listening to his boss and building a team that meets his bosses expectations. However, another season of so close but no cigar means if not now, when? Next year, your core team will be Gary, Wilcher, Tominaga, Breidenbach, Lawrence? Really will need to reinvent the team again, because where's your leader? Eli Rice is not enough to replace Griesel, Bandoumel and Walker.

I want Fred to succeed, but how long is long enough?

I don't want to count Bandoumel out. He may qualify for a medical waiver and his tweet seems to imply that he expects to be back. Both Gary and Bandoumel seemingly came out of nowhere (i.e. portal), relatively unknown and unheralded, so who knows what may become available if the team needs reinventing. That seems to be the trend with the portal, fewer and fewer players are spending their careers playing for at one school/coach. Imagine what we would have looked like this season with a scoring punch (Johnson).

Should Trev decide to replace Fred, that would likely entail replacing his assistants & players too.

For one thing, Tominaga should start every game.
I'm always surprised he doesn't start

Last edited:
I don't want to count Bandoumel out. He may qualify for a medical waiver and his tweet seems to imply that he expects to be back. Both Gary and Bandoumel seemingly came out of nowhere (i.e. portal), relatively unknown and unheralded, so who knows what may become available if the team needs reinventing. That seems to be the trend with the portal, fewer and fewer players are spending their careers playing for at one school/coach. Imagine what we would have looked like this season with a scoring punch (Johnson).

Should Trev decide to replace Fred, that would likely entail replacing his assistants & players too.

I hope you are right... but he's played all of 5 season (Hill College, 3 at SMU, 1 at UNL). I think he was saying he'd be back to play at the next level.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back