• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #20, (W, 64-63), Mon, 1/15 vs Illinois (#95) (10-8) (0-5), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

Yesterday was a must win. This is the kind of loss that would kill our resume even if we went on to have a good season.

These guys can't afford any more games like this one. Probably the worst I have seen them play all season.

It would have been a killer for sure. We still have work to do if we have any hope at the Dance. Losing to lowly Illinois would have been a setback that would have required at least a couple major upsets (in a conference that offers limited opportunity for major upsets) to overcome.

Thank goodness for small miracles, as last night's game will now only be remembered as a win.

Yesterday was a must win. This is the kind of loss that would kill our resume even if we went on to have a good season.

These guys can't afford any more games like this one. Probably the worst I have seen them play all season.

Definitely needed that game, but got to give Illinois some credit. They have basically played everyone like that this year.

They have played everyone tough.

Definitely needed that game, but got to give Illinois some credit. They have basically played everyone like that this year.

True enough. They're a better team than their record reflects. They're just snakebit. That said, we made a ton of unforced errors last night, and even if Illinois is great at offensive rebounding, we just looked flat out lazy at times trying to rebound.

Definitely true. And they'll get a couple wins before the season is over. But NU certainly didn't want to be the team to hand Illinois their first conference win -- especially in Lincoln.

Let alone the fact that Nebraska now has two very difficult games against Michigan and @Ohio State. Much better going into those two games above-.500 than sub-.500 (which we would have been if not the last second trey).

If we can now beat Michigan, I'll be getting pretty excited about the possibilities.

Definitely true. And they'll get a couple wins before the season is over. But NU certainly didn't want to be the team to hand Illinois their first conference win -- especially in Lincoln.

Let alone the fact that Nebraska now has two very difficult games against Michigan and @Ohio State. Much better going into those two games above-.500 than sub-.500 (which we would have been if not the last second trey).

If we can now beat Michigan, I'll be getting pretty excited about the possibilities.
We need a victory over a good Team. Now's the time to step up.

This game showed a serious deficiency in rebounding, especially on defense. Illinois had way too many additional offensive possessions based on poor rebounding and the lack of blocking out. Let's hope Miles can address this with the team as it was pretty obvious and a consistent problem. Thankfully Illinois had a terrible shooting percentage to accompany their many offensive rebounds.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back