• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #20, (W, 64-63), Mon, 1/15 vs Illinois (#95) (10-8) (0-5), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

What I learned from this game: Isaiah Roby can jump about 20 feet into the air. When he learns to dunk, look out.

Palmer went from goat to G.O.A.T. in about 30 seconds there... glad for him I guess but he's keeping all the cardiologists in Lincoln busy.

Why can't Nebraska find someone who can rebound? I understand that the offensive rebounds are sometimes coming off of crazy shots, but it seems like Nebraska is slapping at rebounds that the other team grabs. We need Chubick or Markowski or Wilson Thomas or someone who is motivated to rebound.

BTW, Borchardt had a pancake block. I don't think they chart those for basketball though.

Last edited:
What I learned from this game: Isaiah Roby can jump about 20 feet into the air. When he learns to dunk, look out.

Palmer went from goat to G.O.A.T. in about 30 seconds there... glad for him I guess but he's keeping all the cardiologists in Lincoln busy.

Why can't Nebraska find someone who can rebound? I understand that the offensive rebounds are sometimes coming off of crazy shots, but it seems like Nebraska is slapping at rebounds that the other team grabs. We need Chubick or Markowski or Wilson Thomas or someone who is motivated to rebound.

BTW, Borchardt had a pancake block. I don't think they chart those for basketball though.

They are keep cardiologists busy all over the country, my friend! :)

Official Box Score:

upload_2018-1-15_21-53-34.png

upload_2018-1-15_21-56-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-15_21-54-34.png
    upload_2018-1-15_21-54-34.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 48
  • upload_2018-1-15_21-55-20.png
    upload_2018-1-15_21-55-20.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 53
  • upload_2018-1-15_21-56-15.png
    upload_2018-1-15_21-56-15.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 54
Frustrating to say the least...

We listened to most of first half on radio broadcast. Finally, got to tv and set DVR to record rest of game. The plan was to FF through rest of game after finishing the birthday cake for my son who turns 10 this week.

So we are FF through the game and my son tells me that NU is on a 14-0 run to take the 8 point lead. We see way too many offensive rebounds go to Illinois....way, way, way too many.

Then we see Roby catch the ball on the right wing, survey the floor, see that absolutely no one cares that he has the ball (which we know to be true because we are pausing it), see that no one is even looking at him until his second step, explode into "watch this!" as he launches eye level to the rim for a dunk that would have been completely the most high flying, death defying dunk in PBA history...if not NU history.

We also see Roby's amazing save, Copeland's amazing block, and more offensive rebounds go to Illinois....and then......the DVR replay stops. No way!!! We don't get to see the last 7 minutes or so....no game winning shot.
:Facepalm:
The rebounding.......:Banghead:

Still take the win! :nod:

Last edited:

We listened to most of first half on radio broadcast. Finally, got to tv and set DVR to record rest of game. The plan was to FF through rest of game after finishing the birthday cake for my son who turns 10 this week.

So we are FF through the game and my son tells me that NU is on a 14-0 run to take the 8 point lead. We see way too many offensive rebounds go to Illinois....way, way, way too many.

Then we see Roby catch the ball on the right wing, survey the floor, see that absolutely no one cares that he has the ball (which we know to be true because we are pausing it), see that no one is even looking at him until his second step, explode into "watch this!" as he launches eye level to the rim for a dunk that would have been completely the most high flying, death defying dunk in PBA history...if not NU history.

We also see Roby's amazing save, Copeland's amazing block, and more offensive rebounds go to Illinois....and then......the DVR replay stops. No way!!! We don't get to see the last 7 minutes or so....no game winning shot.

The announcing crew mentioned that Illinois rebounds 37% of their missed shots for the season. I know that the Huskers always have issues with giving up OR but that stat is ridiculous.

We listened to most of first half on radio broadcast. Finally, got to tv and set DVR to record rest of game. The plan was to FF through rest of game after finishing the birthday cake for my son who turns 10 this week..........

If you have cable tv, dish, (or other qualifying tv provider) you can replay the game (video streaming) on BTN2Go. https://www.btn2go.com/game/illinois-at-nebraska-on-01152018

The announcing crew mentioned that Illinois rebounds 37% of their missed shots for the season. I know that the Huskers always have issues with giving up OR but that stat is ridiculous.
Thanks for the info. It is a ridiculous stat, but giving up offensive rebounds always drove me crazy.

why does Nebraska always end up with bigs that can't dunk very well

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back