• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #20, (L, 72-75), Sat, 1/25 @ RUTGERS, 1:00pm CT, BTN (& Game Thread)/25, 1 pm ct, BTN

Well, crud. Good effort on the road. I do like that we are competing with the guys we have. It makes me think we might be pretty darn good next year when the guys sitting out can get on the floor and some of our younger guys mature a little.

Oh yeah. I think we will be salty next year.

Heartbreaking Loss; But gotta be Proud of this Team (and the coaching job by Fred Hoiberg, et al) for fighting back from down 13 to a nail-biter ending. :nod:

I hate to keep harping on the officiating; but that non-call on the travel by Rutgers at the end made the difference in this game! :mad:
Nevertheless. :Gobigred::Bow:

When they play well they can pretty much play with anyone in the conference the problem is they only play well about every 3rd game.

It sure would have been nice to give Rutgers their 1st loss @ home. I’m seeing a lot of fight in this team and hope it adds up to wins as the season goes on. :Rockon:

NEXT GAME:
University of Michigan Logo

University of Nebraska Logo
(7-13~ 2-7) vs
(11-8 ~ 2-6) ~ Tues., 1-28-20 @ 6:00pm CST on World Lacrosse Broadcast and Streaming Schedule | FIL

lost to
Illinois-Block.png
~ Sat., 1-25-20

62-64

Last edited:
Yep, the team keeps working and each game is a new chance to get better. They aren't hitting some open shots, but are typically getting the shots Hoiberg wants. This season is going to pay off.

Yep.

Those who follow college hoops and Nebraska basketball understand how much this season's experience will pay off.

I think Cheatham is the only key contributor we'll lose due to graduation. This team will be loaded with experience next season. And in today's college basketball world (if you're not reeling in blue chip one-and-done types) the best way to win is to have a bunch of returning starters and key backups. It's exactly what happened with Rutgers this season. We played Rutgers much better this go round than the first time in Lincoln -- and that first game was without Baker (who hit the winning three today and leads Rutgers in mins/game).

I know I keep preaching the same ol' story ... .but I am pumped for the 2020-21 season.

Yep.

Those who follow college hoops and Nebraska basketball understand how much this season's experience will pay off.

I think Cheatham is the only key contributor we'll lose due to graduation. This team will be loaded with experience next season. And in today's college basketball world (if you're not reeling in blue chip one-and-done types) the best way to win is to have a bunch of returning starters and key backups. It's exactly what happened with Rutgers this season. We played Rutgers much better this go round than the first time in Lincoln -- and that first game was without Baker (who hit the winning three today and leads Rutgers in mins/game).

I know I keep preaching the same ol' story ... .but I am pumped for the 2020-21 season.
I agree, it would just be nice if they could win 3-4 of these games this year.

Yep.

Add Banton, Walker, and Stevenson to the mix who seem to be pushing the team in practice, and 2020-21 can be a fun year.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how this current team looks during the B1G Tourney.

I agree, it would just be nice if they could win 3-4 of these games this year.

Sure, it'd be nice, but ultimately wouldn't mean that much. We'll still finish sub-.500. I do think we can pull out another 3-4 wins, though.

The Big Ten is really too good for a Nebraska team that is in full rebuild (or now, build) mode. 12 of the top 39 teams in Kenpom's rankings are from the Big Ten. The Big Ten has a legitimate shot of having the most teams ever from one conference in the NCAA Tournament.

Final Stats:

( :Redface: Sorry I had to miss seeing the last half of the game (I'll watch it later dvr) but listening to it was exciting (where are my Heart Pills :Lol:). Wish we could have pulled it out, but I have no doubt we are getting there - Fred Hoiberg has to be the best coach I've seen. :nod:)

Last edited:
Progress seen in this game, but still need to learn to close out to get the win.

Impressed with how Green has stayed the course and responded to his playing time being cut earlier.
I love Green's demeanor. He knows he can play, but he's seeing that he is only going to play if he's in system. While the coach was figuring out how and where he could contribute again, he was a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Having Charlie shoot at the end of this game was the right thing, he was wide open and he's a gamer even if he's just a freshman. I will hope that this means that Charlie's going to hit the next big shot he gets.

That play Hoiberg dialed up to get Easley a wide-open look late was a beauty. It’s a rough year but Hoiberg continues to impress me with his offensive sets. If Charlie knocks that down, his confidence goes through the roof and it propels him to a better second half of conference play. He missed it though and that hurts. I hope he doesn’t become a prisoner of the moment.

There is still a long way to go in terms of getting a big boy roster. If Hoiberg can ever get it though it’s going to be fun. That’s a beautiful offense if you can get really good players to execute.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back