• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #18, (L, 65-92), Fri, 1/14 @ #7 PURDUE, 5:30 PM CT, FS1-TV (Game Thread/Recap)

Fred used to be a good coach, I think he probably still is. But you can't keep turning the entire roster over every year and expect to win a lot of games. Unless of course you're Kentucky and Calipari but even they have down years with that philosophy.....

Coming in as 20.5-point road underdogs at No. 7 Purdue on Friday night, Nebraska knew it had a tall task ahead of it in West Lafayette, Ind.

After a little more than seven minutes of gameplay, the Huskers were already down by 19 points, with its two best players in early foul trouble and the Boilermakers in the bonus.

The nightmare start never got much better for NU, as it fell 92-65 in a game that was never even remotely close.

It’s so hard to envision this somehow working out.

Does anyone feel good about our future under Fred? Please help me feel better about our future. I’ve lost hope.
As of now, I do not see him doing much more. He has had time to get these guys going in the right direction.....to get into winning ways. I do NOT see any hint of that. Until they master the basics, plus discipline, forget it.
It's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it!!

I thought Bryce McGowens was supposed to be a 5* superstar. What a huge letdown.
He shows flashes but he’s definitely not a one and done guy. He will probably transfer somewhere better in my opinion. It would be dumb to stay here and possibly ruin any professional chances he might have.

He shows flashes but he’s definitely not a one and done guy. He will probably transfer somewhere better in my opinion. It would be dumb to stay here and possibly ruin any professional chances he might have.
He is very inconsistent shooter. And he needs to get stronger to be effective driving to the bucket. I wonder if him and his brother are both gone next year and Verge and Walker and Webster gone, they will be starting from scratch again next year

He is very inconsistent shooter. And he needs to get stronger to be effective driving to the bucket. I wonder if him and his brother are both gone next year and Verge and Walker and Webster gone, they will be starting from scratch again next year
I think they most definitely will have a new lineup next season. He needs to start recruiting young kids in state abs build a program.

I think they most definitely will have a new lineup next season. He needs to start recruiting young kids in state abs build a program.
It really hurts that they haven't gotten any of the in-state guys over the last three years. I understand letting the Nebraska kids that had scholarships here go... Arop wasn't doing anything, and I don't think Heiman plays basketball anymore. Charlie Easley is averaging 7ppg for USD, so good for him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back