• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #15, (W, 93-90, 2nd OT), THU, 1/5 vs IOWA @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN (PACK THE VAULT)

I know I am late with my comments, but I haven't had time to post. Wow, I was shocked that we were able to win. It looked like we had soiled the bed sheets several times there, and I thought it was over.

Oh, ye of little faith (referring to myself here). :nod:

He's too small. YES...there are exceptions for small guards. But that's why they are called exceptions. That's to take nothing away from him. He's awesome. And I've been wrong before but there just isn't a huge demand for 6' or under point guards in the nba today.

No chance this year if that's what anyone is thinking. Next year I suppose he could give it a shot if the scouts tell him there's not much room left for improvement. For example, Mo Watson declared last year to get an evaluation and, among other things, they told him he needed to work on his perimeter shooting. Now Glynn Watson is already a much better outside shooter than Mo was last year so he's got that going for him. But Mo has his % up to 52% from 3 (only 25 attempts) and I still don't think he has a chance to play in the NBA. Maybe a cup of coffee here and there.

Whether GW an NBA star or not he sure is fun to watch. Amazing game by him last night. Watching him and Jok go blow-for-blow last night was very entertaining. Unfortunately, I had to leave last night so I missed the over times. Saw the highlights though and that tip in fiasco was an odd ball situation. I can only assume that that didn't fit into the category of things that were reviewable? Has anyone provided and explanation?

If Watson keeps having games like that, he could possibly leave early after next year and play a few years in the NBA. I'm with you though, it's so difficult for a 6' player to make it in the NBA. Unless you are just a freak-of-nature like Iverson, you're just not going to score in the NBA like you would in college. I have little doubt that Watson will have the scoring, shooting ability, and athleticism to make the NBA, he's going to have to become a better distributor. He's got to keep the ball on a string, set up shooters, etc. He's above average at this currently, possibly even good...he's got to become great though. It's hard to showcase this in our current offense as a lot of it is down-hill dribble-drive. As players develop over the next two years, he will certainly have his opportunities.

Webster will get a shot. He's athletic enough, great finisher, amazing work ethic. Shooting may not quite be strong enough. He doesn't have the size that Petteway had but he certainly has a few skills and intangibles that translate better to the NBA that Petteway didn't possess. If I had to guess, he'll spend a year in D-League and then have a heck of an international career. His trajectory is crazy though, when does it plateau? If it keeps going up, you never know.

Anyone else have a shot at making the NBA? Roby has a shot. I don't think we are going to find out how high his ceiling might be until next year, him missing all of those practices because of the injury has slowed his development. Morrow? Rodmanesque, but I don't see it. Jordy? I think he will be pretty good, but he's got a long way to go.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back