• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #15, (W, 76-70), Tue, 1/7 vs IOWA @ PBA, 8:00pm CT, BTN (& Game Thread)

I think the lack of Kavas was more about needing the defensive intensity, coupled with the fact we actually hit some 3s without him.
If Kavas and Green find a way to contribute more, it could be a lot of fun. If Nebraska wins half of their home games and a gets a couple on the road, they will have far exceeded my expectations. I thought they might win 2-4 conference games this year.

I finally got to watch the game last night. I specifically noticed Green celebrating Thor's 3 pointers - which is great that he's involved and supporting the guy that got his starting place. I think I saw someone claim that Green had a +/- of -22 against Rutgers, which is amazing. Nebraska lost by 17, Green played 23 minutes. Green looks to have all the skills, good defense, good offense, but the team doesn't do well when he plays. Hopefully someone with basketball smarts can sit down and figure out what's happening when he's out there.

GBR!

If Kavas and Green find a way to contribute more, it could be a lot of fun. If Nebraska wins half of their home games and a gets a couple on the road, they will have far exceeded my expectations. I thought they might win 2-4 conference games this year.

I finally got to watch the game last night. I specifically noticed Green celebrating Thor's 3 pointers - which is great that he's involved and supporting the guy that got his starting place. I think I saw someone claim that Green had a +/- of -22 against Rutgers, which is amazing. Nebraska lost by 17, Green played 23 minutes. Green looks to have all the skills, good defense, good offense, but the team doesn't do well when he plays. Hopefully someone with basketball smarts can sit down and figure out what's happening when he's out there.

GBR!

My thought is it’s very hard for Green to get into a flow because Mack controls so much of the offense. That’s not a bad thing at all, because Mack is far more skilled at keeping others involved. The times I’ve seen us standing too much are when Green is in and trying to get his game going.

I’ve tried to visualize how they can blend their games, but the truth is, I’m just not seeing it at this point. Unless Green develops some catch and shoot skills, or becomes an aggressive and effective passer, this might just be a time when losing a player is the best for both involved.

"LINCOLN, Neb. — Down to eight available scholarship players and another starter lost to injury, Iowa knew it needed to find a way to survive and beat the Big Ten Conference’s most beatable team. But the Hawkeyes had an off night.

Wieskamp had spent a few days practicing with Adidas basketballs, the kind that Nebraska uses for home games. They have a different feel, but he entered confident.

That was the resounding message afterward from the stunned Hawkeyes, who had just dropped a game to the Big Ten Conference’s worst team, one that had lost home games to UC Riverside, Southern Utah, North Dakota and, most recently, by 17 points to Rutgers. Keep shooting.

Iowa dropped to 10-5 overall, 1-3 in the Big Ten on Tuesday. I am confident those marks would be 12-3 and 3-1 if Bohannon was healthy, and we’d be talking about a seismic home game Friday against No. 14 Maryland. The Hawkeyes missed his game-closing ability in a down-to-the-wire 89-86 loss against Penn State, and he would’ve tortured Fred Hoiberg’s zone Tuesday night."
;)

Some truth in there; but didn't we play with a 7 man rotation?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back