• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #14, (L, 74-72), Wed, 1/2 @ Maryland (#31) (10-3) (1-1), 5:30pm CT, BTN

A lost game is a lost game.

It was a tight game on the road that came down to a last shot against a good team.

They didn’t piss the game away why they did at Minnesota.

It was a tough loss that could have gone either way. I guess I am not that upset about it. In this league they are going to lose some road games to some good teams.

It was a tight game on the road that came down to a last shot against a good team.

It was a tough loss that could have gone either way. I guess I am not that upset about it. In this league they are going to lose some road games to some good teams.

While all that is true the Huskers were also up by 8 or so with not much time left. Felt like they had the ability to put it away but instead they let it turn into a possession game. If this team is going to get where some think they can that cannot happen.

While all that is true the Huskers were also up by 8 or so with not much time left. Felt like they had the ability to put it away but instead they let it turn into a possession game. If this team is going to get where some think they can that cannot happen.
nonsense
There will be games where we will be up and blow a lead, and there will be games where we will be down and come back and steal a win. Thats the way it is in big time college basketball. We arent Duke or Kansas. I suppose last year Michigan fans were saying "If we want to get to where we want to be, we cant get blown out by Nebraska basketball" and yet they made the final four. Why? Because CBB is a long season and things go bad from time to time. last time we had a game like that, we blew out a good chreighton team a few days later. we are fine..........

Not sure at what time they were up by 8 but it was at least 8 minutes out. Basketball to me is always a game of runs when you have 2 good teams. Maryland had their run and made it close again. I guess I look at that game as Maryland winning it, not Nebraska doing something stupid or playing incredibly bad to lose it. Nebraska lost the game down the stretch to Minnesota.

Nebraska is going to struggle against teams that have good inside post play this year. Fernando and Smith are good, it is not like they played out of their minds and both scored 30. They are big bodied guys with skills. How long has it been since Nebraska really had one of them? Alec Maric may be the last one and he wasn't that big of a body. Tanner B is a nice role player getting the most out of his ability, but he isn't going for 10 and 10 every night and holding Fernando to 8 and 6.

I will agree with however, anyone who says this coming Iowa game is very very Huge. To lose all 3 away games of Iowa, Minn and MD.........tough games but not at the very top half of the league........is probably something we cant afford to do. But we played pretty good last night overall and are in good shape to do that IMO.

I will agree with however, anyone who says this coming Iowa game is very very Huge. To lose all 3 away games of Iowa, Minn and MD.........tough games but not at the very top half of the league........is probably something we cant afford to do. But we played pretty good last night overall and are in good shape to do that IMO.

Oh, I agree completely. Nebraska matches up better with Iowa, their bigs are not as physically imposing. Though they do have a lot of them. Maryland was the road game early I thought they would lose. Maryland is going to be a tough out for any team this year going forward, they are only going to get better.

I wouldn't worry about NU and their chances for the tourney just yet. Road losses to good teams aren't going to hurt. That said, you DO need to grab them when they are available. In that sense that one hurts.

There are no "must wins" in January. That said the Iowa game is fairly important. Another chance to pick up a nice road win. Should Iowa lose to Purdue tonight on the road they are going to be pretty desparate for a win. NU, on the other hand sure as hell doesn't want to start 1-3 with 4 out of the next 6 after that against ranked teams. The good news is most of those are at home. Iowa could be the start of a great run or a rough slide.

It's amazing the lack of perspective. We are now in big 10 play. Like most teams of our talent, we are going to lose more games on the road than win. Since there's a huge conglomerate of similar talent in the big 10, most games will come down to the wire. We are simply going to lose some of these ones and win some. If beat Iowa sunday on the road and Penn St next week at home, we are right where I would expect us to be..which is we weren't going to win two games in a row against top 30 teams on road. So chill out. We played well and we will win our share of games like this going forward! That's big 10 basketball.
GBR
Chill out? If commenting on errors or shortcomings, that likely cost us the chance for a road win, is acting ‘unchilled’ then you may want to just avoid sports message boards in general. Fans of a sport generally look at how the game is won or lost, not just how great it is to have cool uniforms.

Tough loss yesterday team. You had Maryland on the ropes and then let them escape with the victory. :(

Seems, some think playing 1-3-1 at the end was the wrong move...different team than the last few years. Blaming Miles for the loss.

A simple “box out” on the defensive board late in the second half cost the Huskers the game. Very unacceptable play.

Well damn. I missed this game and didn't even realize we played. It really sucks to see we lost by 2. I've read some of the comments, and I have no reply because I haven't seen any of the game. Sucks that we lost, when it sounds like we should have won. Come on Huskers, get on a big winning streak to end the regular season. GBR!!!!

Well damn. I missed this game and didn't even realize we played. It really sucks to see we lost by 2. I've read some of the comments, and I have no reply because I haven't seen any of the game. Sucks that we lost, when it sounds like we should have won. Come on Huskers, get on a big winning streak to end the regular season. GBR!!!!

I wouldn't say should have won, I would say could have won. Ken Pom had Maryland as a 2.5 pt favorite, I guess they were right. It was disappointing that they lost. It is always disappointing when they lose. But it is college basketball even good teams on the road lose to good teams.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say should have won, I would say could have won. Ken Pom had Maryland as a 2.5 pt favorite, I guess they were right. It was disappointing that they lost. It is always disappointing when they lose. But it is college basketball even good teams on the road lose to good teams.
Agree that it was a game we could have won but we didn't do some of the fundamental things that are needed to do so.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back