• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #12, (L, 76-84), Sun, 1/10, vs Indiana, (Game Thread, Recap & Box Score)

I will say, without a doubt we are a better team, just not better than 90% of the Big 10... not yet.

OK, under Tim Miles we might have had a few (emphasis on few) more games in the Win column than we do now; but would anyone really argue that we'd be any closer to becoming contenders in the Big Ten? Point being, with whom do we have the most upside potential.

I think we are suffering from 'growing pains' that is, virtually new rosters in each of the past two years, combined with some bad breaks/kicks in the groin (notably, Stephenson, Walker, Andre, among others) and maybe a few 'poor calls' along the way.

It was great seeing the team have the grit to fight back from an 18 Point deficit, taking the lead in the 4th Q against a good Indiana team.
And watching Stevenson have a good game, for a change.
1610389120911.png

With Stevenson being eligible last season I think we avoid some embarrassing losses, and likely more than double our number of conference wins; And we gain a Stevenson who is more experienced and confident to begin the year.

With a full roster, and experience playing together, I think we're going to see some wins in the not too distant future. I saw somewhere else that eleven of our remaining games are to teams that are ranked below (worse than) Indiana on KenPom, vs 4 that are ranked higher (better).

And future prospects. I don't think we're going to see the roster turnover that we've had the past two seasons. And incoming recruits include the first five star (McGowens) in program history, and another highly regarded four three star (Breidenbach) Plus a three star Juco sharpshooter (Tominaga). Now who has the potential for becoming league contenders?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back