• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Blog/Media Thread

:ph34r:
Good Article in the LJS, prior to tomorrow's opener vs Maine.
1f387.png

Entering a crucial fourth season as coach, Fred Hoiberg believed culture and chemistry were the missing variables to his hoops experiment. So NU spent the offseason honing both............................Hoiberg helps build that cohesion each Friday in the Huskers’ locker room, where the coach meets with his leadership council. The group consists of six players — Wilcher, Gary, Bandoumel, Wilhelm Breidenbach, Derrick Walker and Sam Griesel — whose mission it is to uphold the program’s standards.
“If we don't stick to our standards, we're gonna get called out,” Wilcher said. “I don't think that necessarily was the case last year.”

That was before Lincoln East grad Sam Griesel transferred from North Dakota State and grabbed the reins to the locker room. Griesel said last week that he’s never played for a team with bad culture, perhaps because he never allowed it.
Hoiberg said he considered scraping his simplified offensive game plan to help his team fight back.
“But then we kept fighting,” Hoiberg continued. “ ... We showed resiliency when we got down and dug ourselves a big hole on the road, and I think that's a great sign.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back