• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maybe the OL isn't as bad as some are saying...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
I didn't mean Nebraska or their offensive line is better than Wisconsin. I just find it strange that there are still complaints after 700 yards of offense.

Wiscy looked pretty incredible yesterday, and there's no shame in having an OL that isn't as good as theirs (but still puts up 700 yards of offense!)

I'll be interested in seeing the upcoming matchups for them as well. They play IL in a few weeks and think IL may match up to them better than us.

Also that MI team looks very overrated. How good is Army, really?

Army had 200 yards rushing against them, Florida 257 last year, and Ohio State demolished them last year (we got killed, but who knows...MI does seem to match up with us pretty well)

Wiscy looked pretty incredible yesterday, and there's no shame in having an OL that isn't as good as theirs (but still puts up 700 yards of offense!)

I'll be interested in seeing the upcoming matchups for them as well. They play IL in a few weeks and think IL may match up to them better than us.

Also that MI team looks very overrated. How good is Army, really?

Army had 200 yards rushing against them, Florida 257 last year, and Ohio State demolished them last year (we got killed, but who knows...MI does seem to match up with us pretty well)

For the record, in the second half Wisconsin was very pedestrian. That's the Wisconsin I hope we see his year.

Load the box and make Coan beat you. I'd rather lose that way because I don't think Coan can.

He's better than Hornibrook, which isn't saying much. But I agree. The scary thing about Wisconsin is you can load the box and they can still break one every now and then. The best way to beat them is to jump on them early and take them out of their comfort zone.

He's better than Hornibrook, which isn't saying much. But I agree. The scary thing about Wisconsin is you can load the box and they can still break one every now and then. The best way to beat them is to jump on them early and take them out of their comfort zone.
Cephus the Creepus can take the top off of the defense. He's that good.

Oh yeah. Just loading the box isn't going to get the job done, but I would much rather try to limit that. I agree I think he is better than Hornibrook, but he is still mediocre because they just want to run the ball. It helps we will be at home as well.

Cephus the Creepus can take the top off of the defense. He's that good.
Cephus and Ferguson their TE are good but I do think Cephus can be defended 1-on-1 with Bootle.
Their O-Line is playing well right now ... in short yardage goal-line situations they bring in 2 additional O-Linemen whiuch makes them tough to defend.

Load the box and make Coan beat you. I'd rather lose that way because I don't think Coan can.
Oh he can..Think he is a complete QB Like AM is..Not one dimensional at all. That is the reason they have been working with taylor and receiving. Be interesting to see how the Huskers adjust to their new Hippo formation...seven O linemen and 2 tight ends in front of Taylor.

Should be fun and interesting and Huskers should be much much better by the time they play

Cephus and Ferguson their TE are good but I do think Cephus can be defended 1-on-1 with Bootle.
Their O-Line is playing well right now ... in short yardage goal-line situations they bring in 2 additional O-Linemen whiuch makes them tough to defend.
You might be right, Bootle struggled a little with Illinois' one big receiver, but that may have been just an anomaly.

690 yards against Illinois is not the same as the absolute shellacking display put on against that Michigan D. Nebraska kept Illinois in the game. Wisconsin kept their foot firmly on Michigan's neck from the beginning.
Wisconsin had a large gain in turnovers in this game resulting in some early game success that changed the dynamics to the tune of 28-0 the first half. The second half Michigan outscored and out yardaged them. In spite of having two more turnovers. I'm not sure giving up 203 yards the second half and having a +2 turnover margin qualifies as keeping a foot firmly on the neck. I do believe holding the other team to 114 yards offense despite having a -2 turnover margin in the second half is probably a better description of keeping the foot firmly on a teams neck. Especially since Illinois has a better offense than Michigan.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back