• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maybe the OL isn't as bad as some are saying...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

It’s going to take some time for this line to gel with a redshirt converted TE playing center at this level there’s going to be growing pains. A missed call on a blocking assignment can blow up a play quickly. The pass blocking seemed to really improve and it’s going to take time for Martinez to be comfortable behind a new center. Looking for more improvement this week. Coaching staff knows what to expect from the Illini too and that’s going to make a difference.

These guys will be so much better next season. Our best offensive lines have been dominated by upperclassmen that have spent four years in the weight room and maturing. I like having a walk on starting, but historically, our walk on offensive line starters were juniors or seniors
I'd agree but also say I think they'll be pretty good overall the 2nd half of this season. I think they're learnin' and gellin'.

Taylor Martinez is running for his life as soon as soon as he gets the snap. We cannot run inside worth a damn but improved some last weekend. Right now you can sugarcoat it anyway you want it but our offensive line is not good. We couldn’t maintain any offensive cohesion against South Alabama. Colorado’s yardage came in chunk plays and we could not get any consistent run game going the second half. A decent showing against Northern Illinois does not mean all is well or fixed. Not sure what games anyone is watching if they have any notion that our line is not having issues. With that being said I think we will continue to improve as the season goes on.

Taylor Martinez is running for his life as soon as soon as he gets the snap. We cannot run inside worth a damn but improved some last weekend. Right now you can sugarcoat it anyway you want it but our offensive line is not good. We couldn’t maintain any offensive cohesion against South Alabama. Colorado’s yardage came in chunk plays and we could not get any consistent run game going the second half. A decent showing against Northern Illinois does not mean all is well or fixed. Not sure what games anyone is watching if they have any notion that our line is not having issues. With that being said I think we will continue to improve as the season goes on.

That's funny.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back