• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matthew Pola-Mao will not be visiting before NSD

I'm not disagreeing, but how is KSU an easier school to get into? Honest question. I went to both but KSU was grad school so I don't know what undergrad requirements are. Is it a BIG v Big 12 thing?

Edit: meant this to be in response to your post about KSU being easier to get into.

It always has been as least as pertains to football. Just look at the number of JUCO recruits Bill Snyder lived on over his career their.

Nope has nothing to do with the B12 vs B1O

It always has been as least as pertains to football. Just look at the number of JUCO recruits Bill Snyder lived on over his career their.

Nope has nothing to do with the B12 vs B1O
We are, apparently, open for business with Jucos again so I don't know if I agree to use that as a basis. Plus, we used to be at or near the top of taking prop 48s back in the day. When I went to NU you had to have a very minimal ACT and a pulse to get in. That may have changed since it's been 32 years. I would guess, without looking up rankings, that the two schools are very similar. Could be wrong I guess.

As far as I know there would have been room.

For the record USC also backed off

Yup, which was also something I heard and posted........I am almost to the point in thinking that NU is down to 3 viable candidates for the last 3-4 slots in Bivens, Parker, and Houston, and one grad transfer......I don't see anyone else at this time (Starks and Mayo are not in play, IMO). I honestly believe getting zilch for the rest of this class (not counting potental grad transfers) is a real possibility for the time from now to NSD. But I am hoping the staff gets who they want and don't just throw out offers to anyone just to fill schollies, UNLESS they have legitimate Plan B guys, unless maybe they have some legit Plan C guys. A good Plan C guy, IMO, is someone I believe the ship has sailed on, and that is RB Grayson.

I'm not disagreeing, but how is KSU an easier school to get into? Honest question. I went to both but KSU was grad school so I don't know what undergrad requirements are. Is it a BIG v Big 12 thing?

Edit: meant this to be in response to your post about KSU being easier to get into.

NU lost Terrell Clinkscales to KSU a few years back. IIRC, NU required more math credits than KSU. KSU has always managed to get some guys in and eligible that others could not. Exhibit A was Michael Bishop who, at least at one time, had one of the ten lowest Wonderlic test scores of all time.

Yup, which was also something I heard and posted........I am almost to the point in thinking that NU is down to 3 viable candidates for the last 3-4 slots in Bivens, Parker, and Houston, and one grad transfer......I don't see anyone else at this time (Starks and Mayo are not in play, IMO). I honestly believe getting zilch for the rest of this class (not counting potental grad transfers) is a real possibility for the time from now to NSD. But I am hoping the staff gets who they want and don't just throw out offers to anyone just to fill schollies, UNLESS they have legitimate Plan B guys, unless maybe they have some legit Plan C guys. A good Plan C guy, IMO, is someone I believe the ship has sailed on, and that is RB Grayson.

That sort of seems like where we are at now... down to Parker, Bivens, and Houston as the last three guys we want and still have a chance to get it. That would actually be a very good finish if we get all of them, but with the way things have gone recently it's hard to imagine us going 3-for-3. How quickly things change. About 10 days ago, it looked like we might finish the class off with Njoku, Jordan, and Pola-Mao, while turning down some very good prospects.

Wonde
NU lost Terrell Clinkscales to KSU a few years back. IIRC, NU required more math credits than KSU. KSU has always managed to get some guys in and eligible that others could not. Exhibit A was Michael Bishop who, at least at one time, had one of the ten lowest Wonderlic test scores of all time.
Wonderlic is more of an IQ test and not as much about education. A person with a high IQ could still have bad grades. Conversely a person with good grades could have a low IQ. The two are remotely but not directly related. This really came home to me while I was in the Corps. As an enlisted man without a degree. I met a few officers with degrees from very good schools, that could not walk and chew gum at the same time.

Wonde

Wonderlic is more of an IQ test and not as much about education. A person with a high IQ could still have bad grades. Conversely a person with good grades could have a low IQ. The two are remotely but not directly related. This really came home to me while I was in the Corps. As an enlisted man without a degree. I met a few officers with degrees from very good schools, that could not walk and chew gum at the same time.

Definitely not a good indicator of education. If I recall there was a Texas QB with a legendarily low Wonderlic; and I don’t think anyone would accuse Texas of being soft academically.

Wonde

I agree the correlation between the two isn't all that high. As for the topic of KSU being able to bring in some guys others can't, I was connected enough to people around KSU to know Bishop was not an example of low correlation between Wonderlic and academic acumen.

True but lets not undersell the class we have built up to this point. A lot of talent there. Guess its like fishing its always the one that got away.

Still a very solid class especially when you’re thinking about a 4-8 team that’s been struggling recently and has no major recruiting state nearby.

That theory would make a lot more sense with Bivens. He had been to Lincoln back in April for the spring game. Plus his other option at this point is Toledo. Pola-Mao has in-state ASU and USC in his top group with Nebraska. Seems more feasible to ask someone like Bivens to do that. JMPO.

Probably true, but doesn't Bivens being on campus preclude that from happening?

Also, MPM has said himself no team (including ASU and USC) has really told him where he stands. So whatever may be giving NU pause, is also making other teams cautious. With the family deal NU has going with the recent signing of NPG and the softball player, maybe I am curious if the staff might be trying to think outside the box. Maximizing the number of quality players they get this year because of need and the number of guys they like wouldn't be bad.

I honestly don't think NU gets the CB they are searching for as i don't see either of the names mentioned being all that interested. I think it is Grad Transfer for CB.

Probably true, but doesn't Bivens being on campus preclude that from happening?

Also, MPM has said himself no team (including ASU and USC) has really told him where he stands. So whatever may be giving NU pause, is also making other teams cautious. With the family deal NU has going with the recent signing of NPG and the softball player, maybe I am curious if the staff might be trying to think outside the box. Maximizing the number of quality players they get this year because of need and the number of guys they like wouldn't be bad.

I honestly don't think NU gets the CB they are searching for as i don't see either of the names mentioned being all that interested. I think it is Grad Transfer for CB.
Yes, since Bivens came on an official, he cannot be put on a blueshirt.

As for MPM, the scenario is there, but made more sense when it looked like this class would be full, hitting 30 signees. That doesn't appear to be the case now that Njoku and Jordan are going elsewhere. And if the staff did that, they would be going into next year knowing that they would be getting one less recruit. With KSU getting in the picture for MPM, academics appears to be the challenge for him coming to Nebraska.

Definitely not a good indicator of education. If I recall there was a Texas QB with a legendarily low Wonderlic; and I don’t think anyone would accuse Texas of being soft academically.

It’s also a school that loves its football, and classes can be taken with the expressed purpose of staying eligible. Georgetown is a great academic school, but does anyone really suggest they didn’t create a curriculum that allowed their basketball teams to stay eligible?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back