• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matthew Pola-Mao will not be visiting before NSD

Will now not be visiting Lincoln before NSD

Essentially closing any chance of him joining the class

With only 4 slots left is it possible the staff takes a wait and see approach to the transfer portal since none of these targets would be on campus before the summer anyway if they miss on the 3 remaining targets? There is a strong possibility that several very good players across the nation could be looking for a new home after spring ball.

They need a class NG unless that’s what they’re planning for Piper. Not sure what’s going on in this signing period. Going to shutoff the noggin and wait for Feb. 2nd to figure it all out.

Chance for a blue shirt or whatever they call it when someone never visits but commits anyway...can't we count them towards next year?
Yes, that is possible, and I had that similar thought when I read he wasn't coming a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

This is no bueno. Missing on Pola-Mao, Njoku, and Jordan. Ugh.
I would not necessarily say this means we are out of the picture. Using my knowledge of Samoan culture. The fact that his Aunt has been there and is probably moving here. Does make a difference. They would take her word and would see as a positive having a relative to look out for him while he is there.

I want to be clear. I am not saying this is the case here. Just that it is not as bleak as it would be in other cases.

I would not necessarily say this means we are out of the picture. Using my knowledge of Samoan culture. The fact that his Aunt has been there and is probably moving here. Does make a difference. They would take her word and would see as a positive having a relative to look out for him while he is there.

I want to be clear. I am not saying this is the case here. Just that it is not as bleak as it would be in other cases.
Makes zero sense to me to not take a free flight for you and your parents to verify things.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back