• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matthew Anderson Transferring

2010sAreNeverComingBack

some guy
2 Year Member

A little surprised by this one. I haven't followed him closely, but thought he was a committed, developmental guy who knew it'd be at least a couple years before he saw the field.

Oops I missed him on my list.

Should have had him with his La. home as a possibility for the transfer portal.

Covid and not playing makes it really hard to be a "developmental guy" when you see all the really, really good young O-line talent that IS PLAYING.

GBR

I'm not terribly surprised. He was kind of a project and maybe even a reach when we brought him in. I believe he was part of the O Line class that also included Benhart and Piper.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up... Power 5, Group of 5, or FCS. Good luck to him, as long as it is not another Big 10 school.

Last edited:

Struggled to put on "good" weight. Wish him the best, his story makes you pull for him. He just wasn't going to unseat Corcoran or Benhart.
Yep, I was rooting for him personally. Didn't think he'd push past those guys as a primary starter, but there's still some PT in the 2 deep, and injuries happen. But I guess not happening if you're maxing out in the 250s. Honestly his body type looks like he should be playing a different position, but he would be more than serviceable in a group of 5 school. Best of luck to him.

Any word if Fritsche and Lynn are progressing?
I think Fritzsche has a good chance to be our swing tackle like Gaylord was. Corcoran and Benhart have tackle pretty locked up, unless they do like they did with Farniok and move Corcoran inside. I think we have more options and are deeper at guard and center so I don't like that move as much. But you are choosing between Nourilli, Piper, Hixson, Bando, Farniok, and Jurgens for the 3 interior spots. That's pretty good depth.

Lynn... not sure on him at this point.

Last edited:
I think Fritzsche has a good chance to be our swing tackle like Gaylord was. Corcoran and Benhart have tackle pretty locked up, unless they do like they did with Farniok and move Corcoran inside. I think we have more options and are deeper at guard and center so I don't like that move as much. But you are choosing between Nourilli, Piper, Hixson, Bando, Farniok, and Jurgens for the 3 interior spots. That's pretty good depth.

Lynn... not sure on him at this point.
If they move Corcoran, I presume Banks would be the other starting tackle? You can start to see a solid two-deep on the OL if we leave Corcoran at tackle.

Last edited:

Seems to have the build that would make him a TE. He gave it a shot, sorry it didn't work out but doesn't that at least open up another scholarship? If so, he did us a favor.

If they move Corcoran, I presume Banks would be the other starting tackle? You can start to see a solid two-deep on the OL if we leave Corcoran at tackle.
I can't believe I forgot about him. Great call. They will put their best 5 out there. I believe they think Corcoran, Benhart, Jurgens, and Piper are the best 4. Now you have to figure out if Banks, Nourilli, or Hixson are next best.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back