• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Schick is the new co-host of Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schick has always fancied himself a comedian so it's not just Bahe that was "holding him back". I believe schick made quite a few "funny" segments when he was (or still is?) with KETV. Combined with Bahe...that show was unlistenable.

Agreed. He was always making snarky, sarcastic comments about the Huskers on air when he was with KETV so I was happy to see him go. Not looking for a homer, but those types of comments can be saved for the KC media...unfortunately this likely will end my listening of USC. I like Severe so ill give it a shot, but I don't have high hopes

Kugler will be better suited to be a play by play guy, IMO. I predict he's going on to a lucrative career.

Mik'l is a phenomenal interviewer when he's allowed to do so, and can put on a very informative program, BUT - most radio stations appear to want a "shock jock" mentality that attracts attention, even ticks people off sometimes. I suppose Schick can bring that to 1620. Won't be to my ears for very long if he continues with the same antics from the a.m. show. It really depends upon what 1620 wants in USC. Heck, the title alone suggests quite a bit...

None of these changes have anything to do with a desire by 1620 to go the "shock jock" route. I can't recall any omaha sports shows being of that nature. Even Perrault who was disliked by most didn't go that route.

He's been in Nebraska for over a decade. Wouldn't he have bolted by now if "drive" or a love of CU was going to have that much of an impact on his career choices?

Maybe but USC will be a bigger venue for him. Maybe the wife likes it here. I actually think he is a talent just wished he was somewhere else.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iOdsAcgbJGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Not a fan of Schick at all. I was an occasional listener to USC in the past but doubt I will listen any longer.

Schick has always fancied himself a comedian so it's not just Bahe that was "holding him back". I believe schick made quite a few "funny" segments when he was (or still is?) with KETV. Combined with Bahe...that show was unlistenable.

He was very proud of his "Carlfense" segment. Never found that bit funny.

I think that was the best non-Callahan/Jim Rose/Pedey comedy segment in the Pelini era thus far. Mainly because of Carl.

Being in colorado, I have no idea what kind of shows these radio guys do in lincoln/omaha. Having said that, thank you HC Doc for posting the Carlfense TV spot. That was very well done, and very funny. Well done Mr Schick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back