• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matt Ruhle Introductory Press Conference Thread (Monday 28 November 1:30 PM CST)

I told this story in another thread yesterday about the Penn State kid crying next to me at the Kickoff Classic. Theb Rhule LEADS with him crying at that game in his remarks today.

I'm sure it was him sitting next to me that day. There couldn't have been more than a thousand or so boy Penn State fans crying in the stadium tahat day.

It was my being nice to him that day that sub-consciously made him take this job. No doubt about it.

If he's very successful here, you're welcome. If not, it was some other kid.

Hmmm. Thinking about Rhule being from the East Coast and playing for Penn State. I was at the 1983 Kickoff Classic. A boy about 8 years old was sitting next to me. I liked him quite a bit. He and his family were Penn State fans and we chatted amiably before the game.

Then Nebraska began to dismantle PSU and by the 3rd quarter the boy was fighting off tears. There wasn't much I could say to him.

Matt Ruhle was 8 years old at that time. I wonder...

Kind of makes me question his loyalty to Nebraska now. ;)

Watching Trev make his opening remarks I instantly envisioned him speaking from the Oval Office as opposed to.... well I'll just leave it there!

I personally have had a very difficlut two years (divorce w/young kids, covid, depression, etc.) and I always had three hours on a Saturday to help me through times like that. The last few seasons, I haven't even had that "crutch".

I'm not sure why, but I got really emotional watching this video.

I hope this is the beginning of something great.
Hang in there sir, it WILL get better, I promise. I’ve been exactly there, albeit without the kids. My divorce in 2008, finalized in 2011, was very difficult for me. It took me over a year to really even want to be around anyone. Work was a grind. I drank every night, just so I could maybe get some sleep. I’m sorry for you, and anyone else who must go thru these things. It’s a terrible deal. I feel for you, as it’s worse than a death. The thing that finally spit me out the other side of the grinder, was I finally started dating. Lots of women. Not saying this will fly for you, but it certainly helped me immensely. Just hang in there captain!

I told this story in another thread yesterday about the Penn State kid crying next to me at the Kickoff Classic. Theb Rhule LEADS with him crying at that game in his remarks today.

I'm sure it was him sitting next to me that day. There couldn't have been more than a thousand or so boy Penn State fans crying in the stadium tahat day.

It was my being nice to him that day that sub-consciously made him take this job. No doubt about it.

I immediately thought about your post when he told that story! Fun to think that it just might have been ;)

Did Rhule mention Ronnie Green?

He thanked Green at least once. I got the impression that he had a past connection to Carter, so Carter played a big role in helping to recruit him. I'm sure that Ronnie Green was happy to let Carter play that role. Chancellors have more than enough on their plates.

But MR is the real deal

I personally have had a very difficlut two years (divorce w/young kids, covid, depression, etc.) and I always had three hours on a Saturday to help me through times like that. The last few seasons, I haven't even had that "crutch".

I'm not sure why, but I got really emotional watching this video.

I hope this is the beginning of something great.
It hit me that way too man. I had a feeling of hope and pride. Had some goose bumps also…. It’s been a while. Hope things smooth out for ya.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back