• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matt Lubick to Montana St. as head coach??

I assume that Helfrich would be ideal, or Held would be given a chance.
If Frost had that kind of trust in Held as an OC he would have promoted him last year. Helfrich would be a good option from a technical standpoint. I just don’t see it happening.

Held would be very interesting. A gamble tho

Big time gamble. I just don't know how many people are out there that Frost trusts and know his scheme/philosophy. I see this last season as an anomaly for Held and really the staff. When we didn’t have a season to be played, our hope was just to be able to play and get live bullets for the youngsters.
Well, we got those live bullets for many, but with Morrison dinged up and Thompkins and Scott unavailable at times, that room was a cluster. I'd think. I think the season with Ziggy is more of what Held is capable of. So, I don't know that the results of the RB play would be a huge factor in seeing what he could do in a higher capacity.
Frost would be back to basically calling plays with Held being his eyes for this season as Held shows what he can do.

Still, huge risk. Especially with this season being so huge.

Big time gamble. I just don't know how many people are out there that Frost trusts and know his scheme/philosophy. I see this last season as an anomaly for Held and really the staff. When we didn’t have a season to be played, our hope was just to be able to play and get live bullets for the youngsters.
Well, we got those live bullets for many, but with Morrison dinged up and Thompkins and Scott unavailable at times, that room was a cluster. I'd think. I think the season with Ziggy is more of what Held is capable of. So, I don't know that the results of the RB play would be a huge factor in seeing what he could do in a higher capacity.
Frost would be back to basically calling plays with Held being his eyes for this season as Held shows what he can do.

Still, huge risk. Especially with this season being so huge.
I agree. Imo, tho, I think of this last season as sort of a glorified spring. I hope Frost can capitalize on it

If Frost had that kind of trust in Held as an OC he would have promoted him last year. Helfrich would be a good option from a technical standpoint. I just don’t see it happening.

I don't either, but I think Lubick's availability and success with Frost was the factor, which isn't an option now. That's my thought. It definitely doesn't wow me, I definitely think it is a longshot and I'd hope it wouldn't come to that.
I don't expect Frost to wow us with any hire, though.

I don't either, but I think Lubick's availability and success with Frost was the factor, which isn't an option now. That's my thought. It definitely doesn't wow me, I definitely think it is a longshot and I'd hope it wouldn't come to that.
I don't expect Frost to wow us with any hire, though.
Gotta hope Lubick stays.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back