• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matt Davison leaving Nebraska to launch NIL collective

Can I just ask why everyone hates him so much? He was friends with SF, but what did he do wrong? I am still not sure why everyone is so hateful to SF. He did not get the job done and lost and got fired. Are people just jealous of his money, which all of them get at that point? Jeez, just let it go, guys.

I'm not sure that "hateful" is the correct term.

Do you have issues also with negative criticism of Riley, Bo, or Callahan? Or is it a Frost thing?

For me personally, the only thing Frost did was waste a bunch of my time. Granted, I'm capable of wasting time in a lot of other ways -- so be it.

You watch a game with your favorite team playing, and you want to at least be able to assume (or believe, if you prefer not using "assume'), the head coach is doing everything in his power toward maximum effort. There are no guarantees of wins -- and that's fine. There are good coaches and bad coaches. That's how it is.

But -- when the coach himself is showing up late or worse on a consistent basis -- for years -- then he's truly wasting time at the detriment of his team and everyone who has some relationship with that team. And money does matter -- because Frost literally made tens of millions of dollars for less than the 100% commitment we'd expect from any person, regardless of what they do. He didn't just cheat those of us who watch the games, he cheated his own players and assistants -- with somewhere between most and all of them having greater commitment than the head coach himself. That should bother anyone.

Also consider there were tens of thousands of Nebraska fans who did invest a lot of their own money. Tickets, sometimes travel costs, hotel, food, etc. There are many Nebraskans that this is their primary luxury expense each year. And some spend many thousands of dollars each year on Nebraska football. Again, we know that doesn't buy us wins. But it should buy you a coach that is fully committed to his job -- which is truly the #1 job in the entire state. I don't know that anyone hates Frost, but some may very well hate the feeling that he used them. He took advantage of the situation, made a ton of money, and didn't give nearly as much as he took.

I completely separate Frost from all post-Osborne coaches before him. Whether or not we liked or disliked Bo or Mike Riley -- at least I know they gave it their all. I may not have liked Bo's demeanor, but I don't think he's a bad person. I actually think he's a good man, and I can respect him for that. Even though Riley lost a lot of games, it's not because he screwed anyone over by not prioritizing coaching.

Frost screwed the state of Nebraska, the university, and his own players -- and I'm not talking about wins and losses. The man making the most money was the person who cared the least -- or his actions certainly suggest this. So anyone that's upset with Scott Frost -- I completely get it. I would happily shake the hand of Bo, Mike, Bill, or Frank. Absolutely no way would I ever shake Frost's hand.

I'm not sure that "hateful" is the correct term.

Do you have issues also with negative criticism of Riley, Bo, or Callahan? Or is it a Frost thing?

For me personally, the only thing Frost did was waste a bunch of my time. Granted, I'm capable of wasting time in a lot of other ways -- so be it. . . . .
In the past we had a term: "hangers on". It was epitomized by people who didn't know when it was time to move on. They hung around taking advantage of something that existed before, perhaps even contributed to its success at one point, but had become dead weight -- usually by their own inertia. Our world today is full of "hanger on'ers". In fact, they're making the world so damn dysfunctional civilization may be in jeopardy. I'm beginning to believe Nebraska football is symptomatic of the syndrome. The money's too big and good. The hanger's on'ers have become too entrenched. There seem to be more takers than givers. I hope it can be rectified because it's one thing I'd like to enjoy before I drop dead. Time may be running out and it looks like society is working against it. And by the way, I do believe there many folks working their hearts out for the cause. It's just that the "cause" has become ill-defined. IMHO, if TA can't figure it out . . . well, let's hope he does.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back