• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matt Davison leaving Nebraska to launch NIL collective

I assume leaving Matt's role with the Huskers Radio Network. Right ? Cancel Piscataway trip ?

Last edited:

Hopefully he leaves the radio broadcasts too. I understand his passion for Nebraska and I get it.. but there's a big difference between being passionate and just downright being a Homer. Just call the game like it's actually happening.

My guess is Matt will finish out this broadcasting season and that will be it. His NIL project and being color analyst will create a pretty big conflict of interest.

Curious: Why is that considered a COI? Radio announcers hired to announce for a specific university are not exactly objective, nor are they required to be. (As far as I know, anyway.)

Last edited:

Curious: Why is that considered a COI? Radio announcers hired to announce for a specific university are not exactly objective, nor are they required to be. (As far as I know, anywa
He could be in the position of talking his "book" and using it to his advantage and those he's representing. It's a slippery slope and one could make the argument that his present situation was ultimately a conflict of sorts. It's just one more indication of a trust issue that is literally ripping our society apart at many levels. You see it played out in the discussions here and elsewhere. You decide whether it's for the good for our society. Maybe the "dollar bill" isn't the final factor in determining whether we function as a society. My .02 cents worth.

Hopefully he leaves the radio broadcasts too. I understand his passion for Nebraska and I get it.. but there's a big difference between being passionate and just downright being a Homer. Just call the game like it's actually happening.
Apparently, you are not old enough to remember Lylle Bremser? I had some good laughs sitting in the stands watching the game and listening to Bremser on my radio try to keep up with the play. It was truly comical, at times.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back