• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matej Kavas - N

Matej Kavas — a 6-foot-8, 200-pound guard from Seattle University who officially visited Nebraska last weekend — informed coaches on Friday he’ll be joining the program. He'll have one season left of eligibility.

The Slovenian graduate transfer scored 10.3 points per game last season and shot 45.8% from 3-point range, which ranked him seventh in the country. He shot 3% better from 3 than any Big Ten player last season.

No clue on this guy. Seems like he is going to score about 10 against anyone:

http://www.goseattleu.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=10773&SPSID=89893

So, that's good. I hope. Welcome N either way, should be fun!

This is the type of player who not only is a good kickout option, but when he hits a couple, he spreads the floor, which increases opportunities for penetrators and inside players alike. He could be the sniper we’ve needed for most of the last decade.

Nice write-up on Kavas
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-...cle_b556c90b-a875-5586-8dda-47b8dc56d229.html

upload_2019-4-26_21-43-21.png

Now I’ve seen one clip and some stats. Fred should be able to do something with him, and it may not be too difficult. That kind of accuracy from 3 over three seasons means he probably takes good shots and has natural ability. He’ll get plenty of opps if he can drain 45% of them. Green light on. Might be a guy that gets 15-20+ on the odd night if he gets hot. 5/10 from 3 plus a few drives and FT’s maybe.

Can he run and can he play any D? You gotta get up to get down...

All in all, looks like a good addition to the transition team/style of play Fred Hoiberg is implementing. Seasoned and Immediately eligible to play one year, I'd expect we'll see a lot of him during the season, with his shooting stats. He's from the same neck of the woods as Creighton's Martin Krampelj.

Seems to be a good rebounder and no stranger to the line either; 176 FT attempts over the last 3 years, 76.7% FT shooter.

Last edited:

Now I’ve seen one clip and some stats. Fred should be able to do something with him, and it may not be too difficult. That kind of accuracy from 3 over three seasons means he probably takes good shots and has natural ability. He’ll get plenty of opps if he can drain 45% of them. Green light on. Might be a guy that gets 15-20+ on the odd night if he gets hot. 5/10 from 3 plus a few drives and FT’s maybe.

Can he run and can he play any D? You gotta get up to get down...

TWSS

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back