• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Massive shakeup with Astros

OPHusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Shortly after announced one year suspensions by MLB ......

Last edited:

Surprise, but I wonder if they'll fire every one in the video booth. Apparently they were involved relaying information to the dugout.

Good for the Astros owner. Cynical part of me thinks that Crane made a deal with Rob Manfred, where MLB handed out the year ban, knowing that Crane would fire them immediately after. Saves Manfred from officially blacklisting Luhnow and Hinch, while it gives the Astros a little positive PR.

This could go further. Although apparently Luhnow and Hinch were not directly involved, Alex Cora, the Astros bench coach in 2017 was activitly involved in developing this system. He is currently at the center of a similar investigation with the Red Sox, whom he has managed them since 2018. Wouldn't surprise me if Cora is banished from the game.

Two of the past few World Series champions used this system.. says something pretty powerful about the state of Baseball right now, IMO

Very sad this has happened. When you think about this it was probably inevitable as soon as tablets, cell phones and digital watches arrived in dugouts. Nobody should be surprised, it has all ready happened in football. Carlos Beltran, new manager of the Mets, is involved as one of the players that banged on the garbage can. I can't believe the manager was not aware of something going on. Many owners are reviewing their rosters and staff to determine if they might be caught up in this. I would not be shocked if this further than just these two teams.

It would not surprise me if Cora is banned from baseball like Pete Rose.

Carlos Beltran has resigned as manager of the Mets.

Beltran told the Mets it was best that he stepped down from his role as manager, according to Yahoo Sports.

Astros are getting what they deserve. I'm a big fan but ,this coming year when they go on the road is going to be rough. If they somehow make the playoffs I will be Shocked.

Two of the past few World Series champions used this system.. says something pretty powerful about the state of Baseball right now, IMO
And both times it was against my Dodgers. Seriously, this goes so far in explaining why all of the Dodgers pitchers in the '17 World Series couldn't do squat with their off-speed pitches. Anyone else remember all of the speculating about how the surface of the special World Series baseballs was too slippery? Yet Verlander and the Astros seemed to have no trouble with their off-speed pitches. Clayton Kershaw still looked spectacular because his pitches were all about placement, and I'm guessing that they wouldn't have been able to decipher and communicate that.

The Nationals went to pretty elaborte means to protect their signs. Maybe they should do like the NFL and use wireless headsets, between pitcher, catcher, middle infielder, center fielder and manager/pitching coach.

Very sad this has happened. When you think about this it was probably inevitable as soon as tablets, cell phones and digital watches arrived in dugouts. Nobody should be surprised, it has all ready happened in football. Carlos Beltran, new manager of the Mets, is involved as one of the players that banged on the garbage can. I can't believe the manager was not aware of something going on. Many owners are reviewing their rosters and staff to determine if they might be caught up in this. I would not be shocked if this further than just these two teams.

It would not surprise me if Cora is banned from baseball like Pete Rose.
Let's get serious here... there was no throwing of baseball games, there was no betting on baseball games and there were no performance enhancing drug taken...

This is really a pretty quaint scandal... it really shouldn't even be a scandal... It is best for baseball to just mete out a few short term suspensions (which is what is happening) and then tell everyone to forget about it...

If sign stealing is such a bad thing, then they should provide secure electronic devices to teams to signal players. If manual signs are part of the game, so is stealing those signs. If electronic devices make it easier to figure them out (stealing something exposed in public?) and to communicate them. then adopt electronic devices to do secure communication.

What the heck does baseball think it is? Golf?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back