• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland Week Press Conference (11/18/19)

No its not an important distinction.

Its an issue that a mature coach would handle in house in any number of ways, not through the media.

Say things like this and "those are not my guys" is a cancerous thing for team unity and may more than anything explain a "habit of losing".

Someone needs to pull Scott aside and talk to him about this and soon!

GBR
I disagree. It's a common tactic in management to call out the group generally while providing enough context so the individuals can put two and two together. Some people respond well while others don't, but that's the same for any form of management. This whole "handle it in-house" argument is silly imo. Call someone out in any way (public or private) and they can respond negatively. People just handle criticism differently.

Yeah, I don't know why people want to hear more of anything other than maybe explanations of why he or the staff did certain things in a week of practice or during a game. We all want insider info on which kids are progressing well, etc., but it ends up all being BS until they do something on the field. The rest of it is his and the staff's jobs. If you've got a culture problem, fix it, don't tell me about it.

I don't know why you guys listen to all this stuff. You would be better off to just not listen to all the PCs they put out. I think too many people read way too much into what is being said. The coaches and players in general talk way too much to the media and in tern the fans. We want to know way too much is what is going on and then if we don't like what he says or doesn't say we get upset.

No one ever liked what BP said either. He always said we just didn't execute. Everyone always thought he was blaming players also.

I mean you can't really hear the questions being asked. So you are often hearing an answer that you don't really know what the question was.

I very rarely listen to PCs. I never listen to post game PCs. If it is a win all is well and if it is a loss how is he suppose to explain things that will make you happy. What is he going to say that will leave a smile on your face. Nothing except a win will make you happy.

I don't know why you guys listen to all this stuff. You would be better off to just not listen to all the PCs they put out. I think too many people read way too much into what is being said. The coaches and players in general talk way too much to the media and in tern the fans. We want to know way too much is what is going on and then if we don't like what he says or doesn't say we get upset.

No one ever liked what BP said either. He always said we just didn't execute. Everyone always thought he was blaming players also.

I mean you can't really hear the questions being asked. So you are often hearing an answer that you don't really know what the question was.

I very rarely listen to PCs. I never listen to post game PCs. If it is a win all is well and if it is a loss how is he suppose to explain things that will make you happy. What is he going to say that will leave a smile on your face. Nothing except a win will make you happy.

I don’t.

I just hear about it here.

I was just commenting on your post. I agree with what you were saying.

I understand.

Too many hang on and criticize everything said and unsaid. It would piss me off to the point that I’d go full on Pelini most of the time.

Too many hang on and criticize everything said and unsaid. It would piss me off to the point that I’d go full on Pelini most of the time.

Speaking of going "full on Pelini," do y'all remember the infamous post-firing team meeting that was secretly taped that made Pelini look so petulant? I recently went back and reread the transcript of what he said, word for word, and I have to admit that it's hard to say that I disagree with anything that he said. Eichorst really was as bad (or worse) than he said, and I now don't get the sense that he was in any way sabotaging Mike Riley so much as saying that things were going to be crappy as long as Eichorst and Perlman were in charge. Yes, the language was crude, but, come on!, the guy was a Defensive Coordinator, and I've yet to meet a good DC whose language wasn't a little salty.

I'm curious if anyone else would reread/relisten to him and feel the same way.

"Not my guys" can be taken a lot of different ways. As in not the guys I brought to the program or something as simple as because they don't put forth the effort and leadership they or those are not my guys, the guys I want here.

It amazes me people get all butt hurt when they hear general coach speak and when HCSF does and says something different they don't like that either. To me those are not my guys.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back