• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland Week Press Conference (11/18/19)

So I get a little sensitive when I read/hear that the we have one of the worst kicking games in the NCAA. I get that it has not been good, not trying to stick my head in the sand and ignore the stats, and yes Pickering should have made a 41 yd kick, no excuses. When your starting kicker is out and your best option is a walk on safety you are just not going to be good. That's reality, but the stuff I read makes it sound like Pickering has been kicking all year and just can't make a kick. That is also not reality. The kid is good, just stuggling a bit right now.

So I get a little sensitive when I read/hear that the we have one of the worst kicking games in the NCAA. I get that it has not been good, not trying to stick my head in the sand and ignore the stats, and yes Pickering should have made a 41 yd kick, no excuses. When your starting kicker is out and your best option is a walk on safety you are just not going to be good. That's reality, but the stuff I read makes it sound like Pickering has been kicking all year and just can't make a kick. That is also not reality. The kid is good, just stuggling a bit right now.
I agree with you. As a collective unit, they have been horrible, but since Pickering has been back I no longer hold my breath. Although he missed this one, the snap on the field goal attempt was bad. Armstrong caught it off his right shoulder and to his credit got it down. When I saw the play live I said to myself this isn't going to end well. Just another case of we must get better in all phases.

Nothing wrong with calling people out, if what is being said is true.

And actually, Frost never called anyone out specifically. He stated that leadership (in general terms) isn't where it needed to be.

That leaves it open to various interpretations, but he didn't call out any specific player.

He also mentioned (without specifying players) that there are still "pieces" working against it.

Last edited:
And actually, Frost never called anyone out specifically. He stated that leadership (in general terms) isn't where it needed to be.

That leaves it open to various interpretations, but he didn't call out any specific player.

He also mentioned (without specifying players) that there are still "pieces" working against it.
This is actually an important distinction. Calling out people specifically causes people to get defensive. If you don't call out people specifically and they still get defensive then they are admitting to being part of the issue.

This is actually an important distinction. Calling out people specifically causes people to get defensive. If you don't call out people specifically and they still get defensive then they are admitting to being part of the issue.

No its not an important distinction.

Its an issue that a mature coach would handle in house in any number of ways, not through the media.

Say things like this and "those are not my guys" is a cancerous thing for team unity and may more than anything explain a "habit of losing".

Someone needs to pull Scott aside and talk to him about this and soon!

GBR

No its not an important distinction.

Its an issue that a mature coach would handle in house in any number of ways, not through the media.

Say things like this and "those are not my guys" is a cancerous thing for team unity and may more than anything explain a "habit of losing".

Someone needs to pull Scott aside and talk to him about this and soon!

GBR

Praise in public and punish in private. That should be a 3 strikes policy. You continue to suck and not follow the program and recklessly impact the team with a half ass effort, be young man enough to take criticism from a call out. At that point, you have made your bed. Though I prefer he sit the 3 strikers.

Always blaming the kids and past culture. Always lil responsibility on his own shoulders.
Hcsf can really piss me off

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back