• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez status for Indiana

Burrow would have come to Nebraska if he had been offered. He wasnt offered because Mike Riley sucks and is a fraud.

I don't think so, at that point the ship had sailed on Burrow. They could have had Burrow right out of HS, but Tim Beck didn't want him. He had already committed to OSU when MR was hired. They tried to sway him, but he didn't budge.

I read this a lot about Burrow- I get the family connection but does anyone have a sense that he was ever even considering going to Nebraska at any time after leaving OSU? It seems like fans just assume everyone wants to play at Nebraska, no matter what. I think we have seen in the last 15 years or so that is definitely not the case.

Burrow said he was never contacted by NU, so who knows?

I have no idea whether he wanted to play at Nebraska or not.

Scott and Coach Verduzco were zeroed in on AM at the time, so apparently Burrow was not contacted when he was ready to transfer from OSU.

29 TD passes and 3 INT's this year. 4th in QB rating in CFB. Joe's having a great year, for sure.

Last edited:
They could have had Burrow right out of HS, but Tim Beck didn't want him. He had already committed to OSU when MR was hired. They tried to sway him, but he didn't budge.
MR must be the cause for every plight known to man ... black death, zombie apocalypse, the space shuttle disaster as well as the death and Crucifixion of Jesus Christ! Thanks for pointing out this one disaster not attributed to him!

Burrow said he was never contacted by NU, so who knows?

I have no idea whether he wanted to play at Nebraska or not.

Scott and Coach Verduzco were zeroed in on AM at the time, so apparently Burrow was not contacted.

29 TD passes and 3 INT's this year. 4th in QB rating in CFB. Joe's having a great year, for sure.

And obviously so is his O line.

It shouldn’t really matter who is your quarterback this game. This coaching staff and this offensive line knows what they have to do to win Saturday. Don’t bring Martinez into this game unless he’s 100%.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back